Social trips

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Which social trip would you rather attend!

Rock climbing
60%
Go-karting
40%

Total votes: 10

Gallagags
Financial Member

Social trips

Post by Gallagags »

Hi all,

I was thinking about running a social trip in the near future. I was thinking about either doing rock climbing or drag tag, but just found out that drag tag is not running at the moment. Therefore this leaves rock climbing, or we could do another go-kart trip.

http://www.hardrock.com.au/default.asp
Prices for rock climbing: $29 including harness hire and shoe hire. If we do a group booking for 10 or more people the price is $18 each.
It is open from 12pm to 10pm on weekdays and 11am to 7pm on weekends
I thought that if we went to the one in the city we could line it up with some dinner and or drinks, preferably after the climbing. :o

http://www.acekarts.com.au/
Prices for go-karting: Ranging from $50 to $135 (I will post more on the different packages if we decide to do this)
Open from 10am 'til late on weekdays and 9.30am 'til late on weekends.

Let me know what you would rather do and what time suits, weekday night or weekend afternoon.

Cheers Michael.

P.S. I will look into running the drag tag at a later date when it is re-open.
robsjimny
Financial Member

Re: Social trips

Post by robsjimny »

For Rock Climbing it would be Jen and myself. We are open to either a week night or week end.

Cheers Rob
cj!

Post by cj! »

I'll be in for some rock climbing. A week night would suit me better.
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

Sorry for the lack of communication have been really flat out this last couple of weeks.
At the club meeting there were more people who wanted to go rock climbing so I will try and organize a trip this week. It will be on either a Friday or Saturday evening so stay tuned.

Cheers Michael
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

Okay,
The two dates that I have tentatively booked are: Wed 04/06/08, or Sun 01/05/08. The Wednesday would start about 7:00-7:30, we could go out for dinner before hand, and Sunday would be about 4:00 in the afternoon, with the possibility of dinner afterwards.
Let me know who is coming (and any guest then will be bringing) and what day they would prefer, I have to confirm one of the dates by next Wednesday. We need at least 10 people to make a group booking, if we don't meet the required number of people we can just rock up at any time, though we may have to wait if they are busy.

Cheers Michael
cj!

Post by cj! »

Gallagags wrote:Okay,
The two dates that I have tentatively booked are: Wed 04/06/08, or Sun 01/05/08.

I think that we may have already missed the boat on the 01/05 ;) perhaps you meant 01/06. If the Bosch tech night is still on (Ross?) then that is down for the Thusrday the 5th which could mean two nights in a row for some. That said I would still prefer a Wednseday night.
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Yep tech night is still on - reminded the guys this week.
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Jen and myself can do Sun 01/05/08

Rob
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

Hey peeps,

The rock climbing will not be happening till July as I am going overseas for a month leaving next week. I will put a date in the magazine so that it is easier to confirm number ect.
Sorry but I am going to be ran of my feet next week. But I will run one when I get back, I swear.

Cheers
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

The rock climbing trip will run on Wednesday the 27th of August.

Meeting: 5:30 to 6:00 out side the State Library if you would like to grab a bite to eat before hand otherwise 7:30 and "Hardrock" 501 Swanston St Melbourne.

I can't make a booking unless there are 10 or more people confirmed, however the person I spoke to said that there should not be a problem with just "Rocking" up with out a booking, worst case scenario, we may have to wait a little.

There will be a trip form at the August meeting, also post here if you are keen.

Cheers, Michael.