Bash plates for a GV SWB

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

Fred Kay

Bash plates for a GV SWB

Post by Fred Kay »

Does anyone have any experience with fabricating or buying any ready made bash plates for a GV SWB? :?:
Thommo

Re: Bash plates for a GV SWB

Post by Thommo »

G'Day Fred
Just bought and installed an Ironman Set of three under body plates to a 2006 SWB.

Was expecting challenges, but was almost too easy. Used ramps so I could fit underneath the vehicle.

Just need to install a hole for sump plug access.

A bit of messing around with my nudge bar mounting thats all.

No dramas.

Cheers
Fred Kay

Post by Fred Kay »

I have a 2000 model. Interesting that there are 3 plates in your kit . Will look into it . Thanks
MAZZA

Post by MAZZA »

Will these bash plates fit a Suzuki Prestige V6 2010 ?
Slug

Post by Slug »

Same plates listed for the gv3 and gv4
Fitted the ironman plates 4weeks ago to a 2016 gv3 easy fit up just don't do the bolts up to tight and be extreamly careful with a rattle gun the slip in chassis plates are 10mm mild steel bend and strip easy
To make mine service center proof I welded high tensile nuts to the back of them to help make them idiot proof
Also the rear bolts of the front plate have spacers that will go through the chassis holes again welded flat plate to stop it going through
At the moment getting the rear muffler deleted and the exhaust rerouted in and a round the rear diff and moving a new muffler to in next to the transmission/transfer case
The intermediate muffler sits about 10mm from the rear bash plate doesn't take mutch to move the plate on a rut and vibrate
Went to Inaminka for 2weeks got back last Sunday got real good at putting the rear lower exhaust donut back on and sorta crushed the pipe under the diff a little (half) hence the move
Car preformed well though but hate the stability control cutting back in all the time (used to double diff locks) so if any one has a mod for that let me know apart from the pull the fuse trick
James
Will post picture on the exhaust mod when done