Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Nov 24. Fryers Ranges. Easy trip.

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Thought I better tidy this up a bit.
Meeting point is Malmsbury Botanical Gardens. Malmsbury is about an hour from Melbourne just off the Calder Hwy. There is a huge sign at the turnoff. You can't miss it.
Time is 9.30. Hope to leave by 10.00. We have 14 kms of road to drive before we get onto the tracks so we won't air down at Malmsbury. There is no fuel in Malmsbury, but if you leave Melbourne with a full tank you will be fine. There is a takeaway just near our meeting point and a toilet block. The parking area meeting point is just passed the shops on the left.
The tracks are rocky and fun to drive. Wet weather won't be a problem.
Suzuki 4wd club of vic. rules apply.
Regards, Wayne. 0419539264
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Nov 24. Fryers Ranges. Easy trip.

Post by christover1 »

Sorry, can't make this trip. :cry:
I spent too much on my last adventure. :)
And starting a new project. :|
I should make the next one you run. :mrgreen:
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
That's a shame you can't make it Chris. Who's going to be tail end Charlie? :(
Regards. Wayne.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

My car won't be ready and Liam is working, so I'm out.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Sorry to hear you can't make it Matt. Without you and Chris I lose a lot of experience. Its unlikely we will need to do a recovery, but if we do you blokes know more about it than me. Marties car is now the only one with a locker. Hope you are still in Marty, you will be my main man. :)
Chen, Louis , still coming? Anyone else?
In the morning we will drive some tracks and have a look at some historical sites and gold mines. We will have lunch at the Vaughn Springs picnic ground. It has a toilet block, so it will be better for the girls. :o There is also a mineral spring , so if you want to take some mineral water home bring a container.
In the afternoon we will drive the best tracks and be finished before 4 o'clock.
LouisGV11
Financial Member

Post by LouisGV11 »

Hey Wayne,
My wife and i are still coming. You will see us there.
Louis.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Thanks Louis. :)
Regards, Wayne.
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

luigi wrote:Hi Fellas.
Sorry to hear you can't make it Matt. Without you and Chris I lose a lot of experience. Its unlikely we will need to do a recovery, but if we do you blokes know more about it than me. Marties car is now the only one with a locker. Hope you are still in Marty, you will be my main man. :)
In the morning we will drive some tracks and have a look at some historical sites and gold mines. We will have lunch at the Vaughn Springs picnic ground. It has a toilet block, so it will be better for the girls. :o There is also a mineral spring , so if you want to take some mineral water home bring a container.
In the afternoon we will drive the best tracks and be finished before 4 o'clock.

Vaughan also has a super kick ass slide. Yes...I'm a big kid.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Yeah, that's where we are stopping for lunch. Who wants to have a go on the slide? :lol:
Regards, Wayne.
gv2010
Financial Member

Post by gv2010 »

luigi wrote:Hi Fellas.
I'm still coming, Wayne:)