Sunset Country trip

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

grimbo

Sunset Country trip

Post by grimbo »

How was the trip? Did many vehicles go? What were the conditions like? Did the trip actually happen as I'm basing my assumption on a vague memory of a mention about it.
muppet_man67

Re: Sunset Country trip

Post by muppet_man67 »

where is sunset country? we had 3 trips over the weekend. a trip to Robe, (returning via Avoca i think), a trip to Border track, and Gregs Cup day cup to Warburton. Sounds like they all went pretty well. Id say that there would have been over 20 vehicles from the club on some kind of trip over the weekend. It was great to see so many Sierras on one trip too. I think we had 7 (including the jimny) on the cup day cup
grimbo

Post by grimbo »

The Border track is in Sunset Country. Probably my favourite place in Victoria can't wait to get back up there. Didn't know there was a Robe trip, can't wait to get back there next easter. Good to see that there were ome trips happening with good turn outs.

Did Bill take his new Jeep, if so how did it go. I'd imagine he lead the trip to Robe?
cj!

Post by cj! »

We had 9 on the Border Track trip. Did the Murray-Sunset section and on down to the "open" gates at Ngarkat then turned back and went in to Big Desert and Wyperfeld and on to Little Desert and home. Had a ball with conditions ranging from wet and windy at the start to fine and sunny as the weekend progressed. The tracks were pretty good. Not sure how many did the Robe trip.
grimbo

Post by grimbo »

were there any other groups of vehicles up there?
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

grimbo wrote:were there any other groups of vehicles up there?
No its was "surprisingly" quiet, a very few two's and three groups. On one of our earlier trips up that way its was like CitylLink on a bad day.

Perhaps the threat of rain put people off - certainly worked in our favor.