Petersens - DVD

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Petersens - DVD

Post by gwagensteve »

Hey y'all

The current airfreight issue of Petersens - (I think it's actually the December edition..... don't ask why) comes with a DVD - It's about an hour long and covers the 2004 Ultimate adveture in detail. (haven't watched it all yet)

It's the year Rick was driving a Supercharged Toyota Tacoma- Orange and Green. for suzuki peoples - Tim Hardy was in his battered red car and Mike Hagen was running his orange Vitara, both on 35's. There's lots of other cool non suzuki stuff too.

They're in illinois and thereabouts, so the trails are tight, forested and muddy, so it's easy to relate to the driving.

The DVD isn't like when UA appeared on Rides (Discovery Channel) where it was emabarrasingly aimed at general public, it's properly pitched at 4WD'ers, so there's no lame commentary, lots of action, and they're not afraid to show the guys getting on it a bit.

Anyway, the mag is available now from Borders (and anywhere else you can get airfreight mags) it's dearer than normal at $17.95, but the DVD is gold. The mag has the second installment of UA08 in it so it's a good issue in it's own right.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
cj!

Re: Petersens - DVD

Post by cj! »

Some of the guys in the US have been talking about it. Apparently they said it was referred to as "Classics" but it turned out to be the UA04 with Mike Hagen in it so they were pretty happy although there isn't that much of him. It was also mentioned to be a bit of a Warn/BFG ad. Didn't know it was here yet. Might have to keep an eye out for it.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Warn/BFG throw literally thousands of $$$ at this event each year so you can't blame them. It's not that gratuitous considering.... If someone put new tyres on my car and turned up with a semi-trailer to fix my junk I'd want to tell people too. :mrgreen:

According to the ad in Petersens, someone (primedia?? Whoever owns Petersens and 4 Wheeler ATM) are packaging up lots of old footage from the various top truck challenges and UA's and reissuing the DVD's as a series.The freebie in Petersens is a taste of the rest of the series. (lots of the old Top Truck stuff is no longer available/only avilable on VHS.) I have a VHS of top truck 97, some of which popped up in the intro to this new Petersen's DVD.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Seonaid watched it (voluntarily :D ) last night and has declared it the best 4WD video she's ever seen- and she's seen a few...

Steve.