shutting down yahoo, now way off topic with Mock

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

grimbo

Re: shutting down yahoo

Post by grimbo »

well I'm not sure how the members secton is going bu the public section is dead with basically no news or info about the club happening. I used to like keeping track of what the club was up to as I was going to rejoin at some stage. I liked seeing the amount of trips, build updates etc but now it appears as if the club has come to a stop. Some of us can't make it to Wednesday night meetings to get the info and the Yahoo site was the only means of getting the info.

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts from the committee on how they see the change is going for the club and has it been effective in improving the communication flow for members vs an adverse affect to non members. Are financial members feeling they are getting better served by the new system, if so then that is great and is doing what it was hoped, but if not then maybe a bit of a relook might be needed. Have any new people joined because of the shutting down of yahoo and they want to keep abreast of things and feel the financial commitment is worth it?
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

The members section seems to be orking quite well. Far easier to keep track of communications in a much more structured environment.

Let alone the ease of loading up pics.

Maybe you should buy your old car back now its all fixed up and join again :?:
cj!

Post by cj! »

As pointed out the members section is working well. We now have over 700 posts in just over a month which is well up on the old forum where we weren't getting over 200, so communication is working well and the new format should become even better over time as it grows. There has been a delay in getting the new front end online which will have more info for the public but hopefully it won't be too far off as the calendar is a part of that.
grimbo

Post by grimbo »

sierrajim wrote:The members section seems to be orking quite well. Far easier to keep track of communications in a much more structured environment.

not for the money he is asking, especially with no engineers report for the Vitara engine, hate to see what else would need to get covered once it all started the ball rolling :mrgreen:

Although I was sort of tempted
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

grimbo wrote:
sierrajim wrote:The members section seems to be orking quite well. Far easier to keep track of communications in a much more structured environment.

not for the money he is asking, especially with no engineers report for the Vitara engine, hate to see what else would need to get covered once it all started the ball rolling :mrgreen:

Although I was sort of tempted

There's even a smiley that looks like you :ugeek: perhaps its an omen that you NEED another zook?
Mock

Post by Mock »

:D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

There might be a visitor on the Cup day Mt dissapointment trip ;)

Mock :mrgreen:
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
cj!

Post by cj! »

Mock wrote::D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

8-)

When are you going get your %@#$ together and move back here? ;)
Mock

Post by Mock »

cj! wrote:
Mock wrote::D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

8-)

When are you going get your %@#$ together and move back here? ;)
:x :x :x :x :x If things would just go right, I would be back sooner :( Suzuki APV van, meet mr kangaroo at 110kmh :o :o and the pannel shop dont think they wil have my "work car" fixed till january :evil: :x
flying down to perth on saturday to pick up a rocky ute i got for 3G to use while my van gets fixed , Might be my next project :mrgreen:

mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Just to check.... its is a Daihatsu Rocky right ? Can't think of another but in my excitement I might be overlooking something

Does this mean officially I might not be the sole Daihatsu ?? You do realize of course that you will have to learn the official Hatsu secret handshake, learn to make instead of buy, practice you best "I could have got up there if I wanted to - but I didn't wanna " look etc etc.

Its all too much, I need a bex and a good lie down.
Mock

Post by Mock »

mightymouse wrote:Just to check.... its is a Daihatsu Rocky right ? Can't think of another but in my excitement I might be overlooking something

Does this mean officially I might not be the sole Daihatsu ?? You do realize of course that you will have to learn the official Hatsu secret handshake, learn to make instead of buy, practice you best "I could have got up there if I wanted to - but I didn't wanna " look etc etc.

Its all too much, I need a bex and a good lie down.
You wont be the only one :mrgreen:
Dont know about the handshake thing :oops: :| Im scared
Make instead of buy, thats what its all about :twisted: :twisted:
"I could have got up there if I wanted to - but I didn't wanna ", I will get up there even if I have to drive it like the buggy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:ugeek: Ubergribo :mrgreen: