Suzuki X-HEAD Concept Vehicle

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

andrew_wale

Re: Suzuki X-HEAD Concept Vehicle

Post by andrew_wale »

Looks like a TONKA truck to me.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

andrew_wale wrote:Looks like a TONKA truck to me.
As a kid I had a big yellow Tonka Truck, I really loved that truck. :mrgreen: :D 8-)
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
cj!

Post by cj! »

Mechanical highlights include a midmounted 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine and a six-speed twin-clutch automatic gearbox, along with full-time four-wheel drive.

mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

And the vehicle behind her doesn't look bad either......
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

They must have pulled the engine back a bit like in an old carry van. I still don't think "real"people will fit very well though - look at the cabin room and how large that (most likely, tiny) Japanese model looks next to the cabin. I think the cabin area of an APV would be very large in comparison.

PS there was an interesting article in (I think) the current airfreight issue of Car magazine about concept cars and what they mean- it broke them down into "pie in the sky" "introducing ideas" (my words, not theirs - the idea is something like building a concept car to introduce a new grille design or "design language") and the "production ready"

"Pie in the sky" might mean a car made from tofu that's powered by cat fur, while the "presenting an idea" concept will be something like the jeep gladiator from a couple of years ago - it was clearly the direction of the JK Wrangler, but with no common parts.

Mercedes don't normally show "concept cars" they only normally preview new models under the "vision" tag line - So the new C class might become the "Vision C" However, i they're showing an actual new car, it won't have the "vision" tag - take the new "ocean drive" for example - a convertible S class. they must have another agenda there, like new styling or interior presentation.

Personally, I see the X-head as an "introducing an idea" model. we might see some packaging ideas- boxy, upright, short bonneted small commercials, but as to the details - don't pay any attention.

although "dual clutch" or DSG gearboxes ARE the way of the future - they're truly excellent.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Daihatsu are having a play in this market too.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Artic ... leID=45137

Looks very much like the 660 rear under supercharged 4WD trays we had for awhile at work, except with real wheels not 20c pieces.

No mention of the supercharger however so not going to be a screamer - shades of LJ50's.......