LeisureFest 2008 October 2-5

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

andrew_wale

Re: LeisureFest 2008 October 2-5

Post by andrew_wale »

Sorry.. but I missed the last club meeting.

What there anything discussed about timings, who will be manning the stand etc.

In the past I have put my hand up to help but I have not heard anything as such.
Happy to help out on the weekends. Unfortunately I will not be able to help during the week as there are to many people on leave etc.

As mentioned before, I have created a 30 Minute DVD with photos etc that should be able to play on most new DVD players.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

I will be available Saturday....
Gave Ross (At the we hate footy trip) the photo DVD.
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Halfway through typing, email confirming our insurance cover for the event has come from FWDV so we can actually move forward - they should now let us in.........

Setup for us will be on Thursday from 7:00AM - 8:00AM , given that we don't have much to do Thursday morning seems to be the go. Obviously vehicles need to be there by 8:00, - I'll be there at 7:00AM with passes just in case.
If its a problem then the Wednesday afternoon is also possible. Kerry - you can take your vehicle away at night ( checked and its ok )

People

Thursday , Kerry & Mary/Lloyd ( I'm a bit confused as there seem to be two Lloyds posting... )

Friday, Kerry & Matt

Saturday , Ross & Andrew

Sunday , Ross & Callum

Chris L anytime you feel like it, and anyone else just let me know.
I'll come after 3:30 just to make sure your awake/alive. :)

Vehicles

Suzuki Loan Vehicle - Ross
Suzuki POS material and brochures - Ross
LJ50 - Lloyd
Sierra - Kerry
Sierra - Bill

Backup - The Phantom

Stuff
Brocuhures - well bits of paper.... Ross
Cards - Callum
Anyone seen the SUZUKI BANNER ?

Tickets

Those that are earlier / later attendees can pick up your passes from Bosch ( its just a short distance away ). Cnr Centre & McNaughton Rds Clayton. Come to the gatehouse and ask for me. ( Ross McLean - extension 7180 ) and I'll be across

I'd bring a chair and whatever else you'll need for the day - amenities are on site but take away food will probably be exe / greasy etc etc.

The layout for the Leisurefest has changed several times over the last couple of months. We have, therefore, now been given access to marquee stands instead of the pit garages ( which in the new design werea bit of a walk from the rest of the stands.) so thats an improvement. Apperently we are near the catering area so should get some good traffic past.

Apparently half the area is under cover so we can put the cars out the front and have somewhere behind to get out of the sun /rain.

Anything I've forgotten, scream - 0423 881 773
cj!

Post by cj! »

mightymouse wrote:
Anyone seen the SUZUKI BANNER ?
Last time I saw it was Wandin and Sam organised that and the pack up so he may still have it.
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Oh well, its probably sitting with my tree trunk protector :cry:

If anyone does manage to contact Sam could they ask him to return any club stuff he has ( and my protector ) ?
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Sorry Ross I'm not sure if you said or I am just not seeing it, but what time do we get there on days other than Thurs, and where do we get our tickets from on those days, from you at Bosch?

Matt
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Starting time is 10:00AM till 5:00PM ( the setup is an exception ) so you can have a sleep in to build your strength.

Yep you can pick the passes up from me at Bosch unless there's an easier way, like meeting Kerry beforehand.
I'm flexible - Bosch was just a "backstop" solution if the worst came to the worst.

Oh and some of the passes are good for the whole show so can be reused ( exhibitor passes ) whilst I also have a small number of single use day passes just in case you want to bring someone _ just let me know.

http://www.melbourneleisurefest.com.au/
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Ross.

I drive past Bosch every day.So I can pick my pass up tomorrow rather than Saturday.
Let me know
Financial Member

Post by Lloyd »

you will have to scratch the lj50. got the rwc check did the repairs went to vic roads got knocked back club not registered with vic roads tried to call ross phone rang out dont think that a $100 trailer each way is a good bet .yhanks
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Ok Andrew, that will be fine.

Bills out, - the Phantom is in......

Kerry will be bringing a 3 Way fridge and table, I'll supply leads, power board and drinking water, but you will need to bring your own chair. tea, coffee and food ( if you don't want to pay exhibition prices ).

Extract from Exhibitors Guide

1. EVENT
Melbourne Leisurefest 2008

2. VENUE
Sandown Racecourse
Princes Highway, Springvale, 3171
Melway Reference 80 C10

3. ENTRY TO EVENT
To gain entry to Leisurefest on show days exhibitors must present an official
Exhibitor Pass. Exhibitor Passes are not required during Move-in and Move-out.

3A. ENTRY TO SANDOWN RACECOURSE
All exhibitors must enter via either the Princes Highway (Dandenong Road) entrances or overpass.
Please note that Sandown Road entrance will be closed.

4. MOVE-IN
Tuesday 30 September 7am-7pm
Caravans, Motor Homes, Campers, Boats and Vehicles ONLY
Wednesday 1 October 7am- 7pm
All Remaining Exhibitors
Thursday 2 October 7am-9am
All Remaining Exhibitors
It is our preference that ALL exhibitor stands are 90% completed by 7pm Wednesday.
On Wednesday 1 October, three exhibitor entrances will be open from 8am.

Entrance to Sites
The entrance gate located next to the main visitors’ entrance is open for all exhibitors and remains unchanged.
A second entrance gate is located in the temporary cyclone fence facing west and is available for Caravan Exhibitors utilising this area. This gate has distinct benefits for exhibitors using sites 50-53, 60-70, 83-100 and 110-121 inclusive. A third gate is located at the northern end of the venue which will service exhibitors using sites 200 - 324 Security staff will operate from all locations during Move-in.

5. EXHIBITOR RUBBISH REMOVAL
Exhibitors setting up displays are reminded to remove their paper, cardboard and plastic rubbish from the venue or store it for repacking at move-out.

Recycled industrial bins for paper & cardboard will be provided at strategic locations.

6. TRADING HOURS
Thursday 2 October 9.30am-5.00pm
Friday 3 October 9.30am-5.00pm
Saturday 4 October 9.30am-5.00pm
Sunday 5 October 9.30am-5.00pm
No exhibitor vehicle access is permitted during trading hours.

7. MOVE-OUT
Sunday 5 October strictly 5.30pm – late
Monday 6 October 7.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 7 October 7.00am – 12.00 midday
To ensure a smooth move-out all gates will be open for the same purpose as move-in.
Exhibitors utilising sites 50-53, 60-70, 83-100 and 110-121 inclusive should use the Railway Gate for easy departure from their sites.
Exhibitors utilising sites 200-324 inclusive should use Gate 3 for easy departure from their sites.
Security staff will also monitor all gates during move-out.
Security passes will be allocated prior to Sunday and must be completed for each vehicle to be allowed to exit the venue. NO SECURITY PASS NO EXIT
All Exhibitors will receive Move-out details by 12:00 midday on Saturday 4 October.

8. CAR PARKING
There is no specially designated Exhibitor Car Park, and all exhibitors should use the public car parking areas of Sandown Racecourse. However, exhibitors are requested to park in the far southern end of the public car park to allow
public parking close to the entrance for visitors. PLEASE NOTE THAT EXHIBITORS MUST NOT PARK IN THE EXHIBITION AREA OF THE LEISUREFEST.

9. ORGANISER’S OFFICE
During the event, the Organiser’s Office (Show Office) is located in the Racecourse Secretary’s Office, at the top of the stairs leading to the Motor Home area. The office telephone number for the duration of the Leisurefest is (03) 9329 5311.

11. VISITOR SAFETY
It is important that visitor safety is considered in the design of your stand. All plastic steps should be pegged to prevent visitor injuries. If an incident involving a visitor occurs on your site, in the first instance, you should check the health and
well-being of the visitor, referring them to First Aid if required and also advise the Show Office of the incident.
First Aid can be contacted through the Show Office.

16. FIRST AID
First Aid will be in attendance during the Melbourne Leisurefest and can be contacted through the Show Office.
First Aid is located beneath the Show Office, next to the Grandstand entrance.

17. SECURITY
A security firm is engaged to provide on-site overnight patrols. Exhibitors are advised that whilst security is provided outside of show hours, property remains the responsibility of Exhibitors, who should arrange their own insurance cover.
Melbourne Leisurefest accepts no responsibility for any theft or damage to exhibitor property.

20. ELECTRICITY
Power is available to all indoor shell scheme sites and some outdoor undercover sites. Power is not provided to lawn sites and outdoor asphalt sites. Exhibitors should determine their power requirements prior to booking and provide their own ‘silent run’ type generators, if necessary.

22. COMMUNICATIONS
To contact Melbourne Leisurefest during the show:
Tel: (03) 9329 5311
Fax: (03) 9329 6339

23. CATERING
Free tea and coffee will be available in the Show Office from Move-In and throughout the event.