good suzuki mechanics

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

kbjimny

good suzuki mechanics

Post by kbjimny »

im trying to find a place that can tune the engine computer for my jimny (i am looking at getting some work done to the head)
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOMWHERE?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: good suzuki mechanics

Post by gwagensteve »

KBjimny, you 're not looking for a suzuki mechanic per se, you are looking for a good dyno tech/tuning workshop.

I have no idea if the Jimny computer can be "cracked"- but I expect not, if for no other reason than nobody has tried )read as "spent the time and money" because it's not a "performance" motor. I imagine you'll be looking at an interceptor or a replacement ECU, so look to someone like HPF, Amberley Automotive - have a read of the performance car mags and forums like redlineGTI.com to find a good tuning shop.

Another option is to track down Dion who used to work at Carbusters in Footscray - he's a suzuki performance guru and also runs a very quick XR6 Turbo ute. Cj on here might be able to help with a contact for him.

As an aside - the Jimny head flows very well stock - it's apparently superior in flow to the GTI head. I'd be surprised if there's much performance to be gained from playing with the head. This info comes from Dion who tuned the G16 motor for midget sprintcar racing (and you have the same head assuming your Jimny is a G13BB version) and apparently there was very little to be gained by porting the head even when chasing maximum HP regardless of drivability.

If you have an M13 motor, I think there's even less tuning culture for them, and the computer is harder to intercept as it's more sophisticated.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
cj!

Re: good suzuki mechanics

Post by cj! »

Here is where you will find Dion. He knows Suzuki's and I have had him do a dyno tune for me with good results.

http://www.dyno-mite.com.au/contact.html

This may also be of interest

http://www.rhinopower.org/ECUs/81A11/81A11.html