ADVENTURE TOUR 2010

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: ADVENTURE TOUR 2010

Post by gwagensteve »

It's cool - James is his name - yes?

Not 100% sure on AJSR's availability - he said he'd be there if he could. Andrew? How are you looking mate?

We need a meeting point for Saturday morning.

Michael (noel) and I are looking at traveling down on Friday night. I understand that the first day would start at Paddy's (?) or Anglesea(?) I heard the logical place for a start at paddy's would be a good spot to camp. We don't need facilities, we'll be arriving pretty late and it's just somewhere to prop for the night.

Jon - obviously day 2 will start from the van park in Gellibrand, how about an exact start point for day 1?

Apparently the general store in Gellibrand does breakfast too 8-)

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Greg

Post by Greg »

Accomodation is Booked for Sat Night and Sunday Night

We are booked in at the Otways Tourist Park under my name (Greg) with a note that the booking is on behalf of the Suzuki 4wd Club - so that should make things easy.

I have no idea what it has ended up costing. I think it will be closer to $16 per head, per night.

We have 3 un-powered sites booked. $32 per site + $16 per extras (i think).

They are expecting approx 8 vehicles and two trailers.

My work here is done.

We should still work out our fuelling points along the way.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Good point Greg. I'm packing two jerry cans (mostly for the road legs - my angry squirrel likes a drink) but it will be fair to assume everyone will need fuel daily.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Greg

Post by Greg »

there definately appears to be 2 petrol stations in Colac... but i'm not sure if that is the direction we will be heading for in the mornings (i.e. north out of gelibrand).
Greg

Post by Greg »

http://www.shell.com.au/home/page/aus/p ... inder.html
Colac
Simpson
Anglesea

http://www.bp.com/iframe.do?categoryId= ... Id=7017653
Colac
Colac West
Lorne
Camperdown
Whinchelsea

http://apps.nowwhere.com.au/caltex/aust ... earch.aspx
Colac
Camperdown
Cobden

That should be a good start i'm guessing.

<<<Update>>>

I spoke to the man at the Tourist Park - he says that the General Store in Gellibrand has Unleaded Fuel.
Last edited by Greg on Thu 25 Feb, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

OK exact starting point. I am thinking Deans Marsh corner Deans marsh Lorne rd and Old Lorne rd say 10am?

I guess order of events will be Deans Marsh Saturday, Beech Forest Sunday, Paddy's Monday on the way home. Hopefully we can squeeze a night run in for 7 hills, noonday etc as they are close to where we are camping. Are there any other tracks we want to do? Lloyd do you know any more?

As for fuel this is a bit of a problem. We should be able to fill up at Colac on the sat night and monday morning. I agree with Steve, need to carry plenty of fuel. We can always leave it at the campsite or in my ute while we are out (bring a lock)

Finally did we hear back about the status of paddy's? Are we ok to drive there? If we do find it to be closed its not far from deans marsh and there is plenty to do there.
cj!

Post by cj! »

Jonno wrote:

Finally did we hear back about the status of paddy's? Are we ok to drive there? If we do find it to be closed its not far from deans marsh and there is plenty to do there.
I had a phone call telling me that they were posting the info on the Association forum. I have just downloaded a couple of relevant PDF's from there and emailed them to Steve. As I don't know the area I can't say what the effect is.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Guess who has a phone message on their phone asking where the MVO keys should be sent to :oops:

I had given up on these weeks ago.

Ok - update - i have created another trip on the 21st March to head out to Gembrook
Lloyd
Financial Member

Post by Lloyd »

Last time that I was at Gelibrand petrol was available at the store . Its been a couple of years but Corrie at the park may know.Do we want to bring the BBQ ?.Would make breky easy.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

spoke to harley a few days ago...he's hesitant to take the jimny as the front tyres still scrub badly and he doesn't have faith in the tennis ball bumpstops. Its quite likely he will passenger with me but i'll speak to him and find out.