Social trip- D.O.C Pizza- Tues 28th July

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Social trip- D.O.C Pizza- Tues 28th July

Post by gwagensteve »

Hi guys.

Seonaid and I are eating at D.O.C soon, and thought we'd make it a social trip as it's been a while since we've done one.

Venue: D.O.C Pizza an Mozzarella Bar
Address:295 Drummond street Carlton,
Date: Tuesday, 28th July
Time: 7.00pm
Cost: Pizza is $14-24.Imported beers around $7-8, wines $30-50 by the bottle (All italian from memory). Didn't check
wine prices by the glass.
One pizza is a reasonable feed for one, last time we were there we had 8 Pizzas between 6 of us.
BYO?: Wine only
Kids: OK. I'ts not Maccas.. There's no playground - but there will be food that's kid suitable and it's a cafe type
environment - fairly noisy and fast paced.
Details:
These guys produce amongst the best Pizza we've eaten... Up there with "I Carusi" in Brunswick and Giant Steps in Healesville. Very, very good buffalo Mozzarella. This is traditional, simple, thin based pizza with few toppings.

There's no bookings taken, so I'll need numbers for when we arrive. I've picked a Tuesday as it should be fairly quiet so they can assemble a largish table should it be required.

More info:
http://www.bestrestaurants.com.au/resta ... e-doc.aspx

We might be visit the Carlton Yacht Club (298 Lygon Street) afterwards for a post dinner tipple should you been keen on following.

Steve & Seonaid.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
sam
Financial Member

Re: Social trip- D.O.C Pizza- Tues 28th July

Post by sam »

Hi
Not sure if anyone else is going?? i'd be up for some pizza if it's still going ahead.

sam
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I've had a verbal confirmation :D

Yes, we're going anyway but the more the merrier.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Just a reminder to let me know if you can make it - just so we know who to look out for/allow table space for.

Steve.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

gwagensteve wrote:Just a reminder to let me know if you can make it - just so we know who to look out for/allow table space for.

Steve.
Steve.

I will not be able to make it.. Have to catch a 6:30am flight to Sydney the next day.
Financial Member

Post by sam »

Yeh book two for me.. thanks cya tonight.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Great.

see you there.

If anyone else can make it on short notice, give me a call on 0407 049 763.

Steve.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Thanks to Sam and Phil for coming along it was a fun night.

Pizza and beer..... Yum.

Afterwards, Seonaid and I headed across the road to Victors 1, a bar/function venue that's impossibly, flamboyantly overdecorated, for a "Martini".. It promised so much based on the decor.

I put "martini" in inverted commas as it was clear that the girl behind the bar had no idea how to make a Martini.

We're not sure what she tried to make it with, but I'm pretty sure sweet Vermouth was involved, Seonaid tells me she used the flesh of a lime (somehow?) Filled a Martini glass up with ice, served it with a straw, and commented that she had no olives but brought out olives on a tray with some nibbles.

It was undrinkably bad, (really, you'd be surprised - we tried very hard) so we ran away and did end up having an excellent Martini at the Carlton Yacht Club.

Anyways.... I think I'll be doing more of these relaxed social trips - I might well stick to Pizza for now, so I'm guessing the next one will be at "i Carusi" in Nicholson Street, (near Moreland Road)

Stay tuned for a date.

Steve.