Gembrook Clean up #2 - 17th August

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

sierrajim

Re: Gembrook Clean up #2 - 17th August

Post by sierrajim »

Hi everyone,

The day is all set up to go, unfortunately no BBQ this time due to a date clash.

We'll have the Zook Club doing rubbish pick up, so if possible please bring gloves and bags if you have them (i have some that i'll bring along). Once collected the rubbish will be taken away by Parks Vic.

There will also be a drive later in the afternoon for those who wish to go for a quick scoot.

Areas to be targeted (you guys will get to do a bit of driving in the morning :mrgreen: )

Camp grounds, motorbike drop off's at Black Snake Creek Rd and also Labourtouche end, the aquaduct
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

So we'll be meeting at the same place as last time.

Callum + 1
Graeme + family
Bill is apparently in bed sick, anyone free to take his place?

Meeting Time 9AM at the corner of Black Snake Creek Rd and Bunyip River road.

Call me with any drama's on 0419 107 899.

In case i get hit by a lump of Kryptonite falling from the sky, the Rangers name is Andy Musgrove ph 0428 148 275

(please bring gloves)

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_1984.pdf
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Bills not well - if anyone can step in and help please contact James directly
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

Sorry for the delay in posting up the results.

Thankfully the weather was on our side unlike the first day :D . A great turn out with cars from three clubs (3rd Rock, Zook Club and Vickrawlers) chipping in.

The Vickrawlers guys headed up Bunyip range, down Little Bunyip and back up Andersons clearing trees that had fallen and had been only partially removed.

The 3rd Rock and Zook Club representation once again proceeded to do a clean up and install 8 more "No access" signs under the power lines. yet another ute load of rubbish was collected.

A quick drive around Nash Creek Loop was done just prior to lunch, meduim rating in the wet, a couple of ruts that swallow 31's on the northern side.

Next day we'll hopefully see the back up to our signs under the powerlines, the installation of armco railing to prevent access to these areas for both bikes and 4WD's is happening over the next two weeks.

Thank you again to those that attended.