Bills Block - 4th July Easy-Hard - Postponed

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Bills Block - 4th July Easy-Hard - Postponed

Post by Jonno »

Hi All,

Running a trip to Bills Block in Dixons Creek on the 4th of July, meeting at 11am
Camping overnight with driving on the Saturday and Sunday but if you can only attend for a day, that's perfectly fine. We will be wrapping up by lunch time on Sunday

For those who have not been to Bills, it is private property owned by a friend of the club, suitable for any car and ability, there are plenty of tracks ranging from very easy to very difficult and lots of people to give you a hand if you want some tips, or even just to spectate others driving obstacles that may not suit you.

Luke has offered to run a chainsaw demo on the Saturday so please bring your Chainsaws. Safety equipment is required if you want to take part - gloves, eye and protection as a minimum, you don't have to have a chainsaw to spectate. Head protection and chainsaw chaps are recommended but optional

Damo please let us know if you will be putting on a roast for dinner, and the cost per person

Bill's address: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2854

Also if anyone wants to do any recovery or winching practice or wants a demo of anything practical, please post it up here and we will get it organised!

See you on the 4th, post here if you can make it
Damo

Re: Bills Block - 4th July Easy-Hard

Post by Damo »

Hi Crew
I am happy to roast a leg of lamb and say 2 chooks or whatever is needed in the Weber at Bills
Will also grab some supermarket salads to go with it.
Feel free to bring along anything else you would like to add to the meal to share and also let me know of any special dietary needs so as I can cater to suit
Damo
FootscrayPhil

Post by FootscrayPhil »

Hi guys. I bought a Jimny a couple of months ago and I’m looking to learn a bit about the vehicle and off-roading in general. Car is standard at the moment with AT tyres going on next week. I would love to come up on the Saturday for a few hours if that’s possible.
fuzzychops

Post by fuzzychops »

I would love to come down but we wont be allowed under the new restrictions I dont think.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hi All,

Looks like with the new restrictions we will now be limited to 10 people, but we haven't had a huge amount of interest anyway. So I think we should postpone for a few weeks to hopefully get more interest, and hopefully restrictions ease again post July 19th

Luke - could we postpone the arborist demo to the next date?

If there is any interest for a small group to have a wheel on the Saturday or stay overnight then we can certainly accomodate. I am still happy to attend if there is interest. You will definitely need to register your attendance and any passengers on this thread if you are keen to attend and we will be limited to 10 people
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

I was super keen but I'm away. Would be great if this gets moved.
South001

Post by South001 »

4th of July, bring the fireworks 🎉

See you there.

Sorry just read Johonnos post, see you on the raincheck.
Thanks
Chris.
Rod_Muddytrail

Re: Bills Block - 4th July Easy-Hard - Postponed

Post by Rod_Muddytrail »

I’d love to attend with my disabled client because I work weekends and are a bit limited on trip days.
Would it be ok to see if he would sit in someone’s Suzi?
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Trip has been postponed now. Will circle back in a few weeks and see if we can get something else up
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Sounds good.
Let me know and we can reorganize things.
Luke