Engine lift outer cylinder O ring seal

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Engine lift outer cylinder O ring seal

Post by BZOOK »

Hello. My Supercheap Auto engine lift has been leaking at the base of the ram since I swapped in the g16b. Finally pulled it apart and the tapered seal that sits at the bottom of the exterior ram pipe is destroyed. It's 3 inches in diameter. Anyone know where I'm best to source a new seal from? Surely it's a cheap component. Is there perhaps a redneck fix?
Thanks.
jonfromhamilton

Re: Engine lift outer cylinder O ring seal

Post by jonfromhamilton »

is tge oring tapered because its been stuck in there for ages or is it a specially shaped original seal?
it wilk likelt be w.6wmm 3.53mm or 5.33mm original thickness.
any bearing company such as bsc cbc or bearing wholesalers will be able to get one
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Hi John. Hard to tell. The end of the pipe is rounded inwards anyway so it's likely it ended up tapered but it looks to be tapered as new. Only half of it is destroyed. I should just take it to a bearing supply store as you've suggested. I was considering some SOS tape.
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

dont muck around with silocone or anythig else like that.you need a proper seal.
do a cross section drawing of the shape of the steel housing both female and male and sms it to me 0426287866