Locktup 4x4 International

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

Locktup 4x4 International

Post by Matthew »

Has anyone dealt with Locktup 4x4 International, I'm thinking of getting gears from them.
They are a perth based company selling Trail Gear products at prices not much dearer delivered than Low Range.

Matthew
cj!

Re: Locktup 4x4 International

Post by cj! »

They are a couple of guys, one here and one in the USA. You tell them what you want and they try and source it for you and post it out. Nothing wrong with that but it gives you no advantage over dealing direct with Sean and it costs you a little more and is no quicker so I'm not sure why you would use them in this instance. I've only had good experiences dealing with Sean and so have others who have dealt with him from what I have heard but you should do what makes you feel comfortable.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

One of the main reasons is not having a credit card or paypal account, I was going to get a friend to put it on his credit card, but he is not happy about buying stuff overseas, so Locktup seemed a good choice.

Matthew
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I can't/dont have a credit card either.
I just signed up for a visa debit card account, which will enable me to use own money, but in same way as a visa credit card. If stolen or hacked, can only steal all ya dough, but not run up credit.
I'm hoping that helps with internet shopping etc.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
cj!

Post by cj! »

I'd suggest that you do the same and organise yourself a VISA debit card as this will allow you to make purchases such as this. All you do is transfer the appropriate amount to the card when you need to make a purchase and as far as Paypal or the Shop you are buying from is concerned it is just another VISA card.
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

I import cars from the US. I buy lots of stuff through Locktup.

I think they're about the only Australian 4x4 shop that realizes that we are now customers in an INTERNATIONAL marketplace, they need to compete. Their prices are more than fair, their service is unparralelled out here.

They do also carry parts in stock at the same prices they have for ordered in parts, so yes, sometimes it is quicker to buy through them than the guys in the US.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up borrowing a card for this purchase and will be getting a prepaid card in the near future.

Matthew