Swb vit efi tank mounted to swb Sierra sj50 2in body lift.

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Swb vit efi tank mounted to swb Sierra sj50 2in body lift.

Post by BZOOK »

Team. In the absence of a welder to make up new tank mounts at home I have considered getting my mate to take the 40lt tank to his shop and have him build a cage and tank guard around it. I'd then bolt the whole thing to the underside of the rear tub ensuring the load is spread well. It's a small tank so I have also considered mounting it in the tub but am aware that takes away from the little space I have. Pros/cons?
Thanks.
Brenton
chris.l

Re: Swb vit efi tank mounted to swb Sierra sj50 2in body lift.

Post by chris.l »

Hey Mate,

We've just fitted a LWB Vitara EFI tank (67l) capacity into the stock chassis tank position under a LWB with a 2" BL.

It is literally a perfect fit measurement wise (width between chassis rail and diagonal supports). All mounts needed to be re-fabricated, however considering it only costs $150 for a tank at Piranha that's better/cheaper than a Long range one for $600 +

Thanks,

Chris
BZOOK

Re: Swb vit efi tank mounted to swb Sierra sj50 2in body lift.

Post by BZOOK »

Thanks for the reply. Since that post I have decided just to create new mounts off the chassis. I'm actually planning to bush weld just to get everything in place then I can drive it to a mates who can weld it all properly. I'm going with the swb vit tank. Thanks again.