Post by BZOOK »

Interesting potential development

https://youtu.be/f3CK1cKFw30
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: Steering knuckle rebuild kit!?

Post by gwagensteve »

You mean Steering box?

It's not currently on their website. I assume it's unique for the LHD box but I could be wrong. (not sure if that's mentioned, I didn't watch the whole video)

Good to see this available. My guess is if it's available for LHD it's also available for RHD - I think the box had SUMO on it, so that's the same source as the transfer gears(?)
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Re: Steering knuckle rebuild kit!?

Post by BZOOK »

gwagensteve wrote: Sun 10 Jan, 2021 8:57 am You mean Steering box?

It's not currently on their website. I assume it's unique for the LHD box but I could be wrong. (not sure if that's mentioned, I didn't watch the whole video)

Good to see this available. My guess is if it's available for LHD it's also available for RHD - I think the box had SUMO on it, so that's the same source as the transfer gears(?)
Oops yes. Box. My bad. Looked like the components could be used in either orientation. Nothing screamed lhd only in the video. Then again I've never pulled one apart. At least I now have a better understanding of how the teeth mesh.