Death wobble journey

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

Re: Death wobble journey

Post by jonfromhamilton »

the front bushes were a bit flogged out and oval so they need replacing, the back was alright, not tight but I guess ok considering they don't move much anyway.
I did weld a bit of 5x25mm flat bar between the front shackles anyway, can't hurt.
i think removing the shims will help a bit but I will need to go back and replace the bushes for sure they looked terrible.
Also the studs or bolts that are supposed to be pressed in to the shackles on one side are not fixed in place anymore, I stopped short of welding them in.
havne't had a chance to test drive it but I haven't paid my rego now because vicroads is super busy and I'm not into waiting in line there to do it, I will try post a cheque in or something soon.
Damo

Post by Damo »

You can pay rego and do transfer via the mail
Have done 2 recently myself as it saves attending in person
jonfromhamilton

yeah I just rang vicroads and they told me 3 week turn around so I guess I will have to put the exo cage mounts on the sierra during that time too.
and new bushings of course !!
jonfromhamilton

Drove to Springvale from pakenham today and went really well. No wobble but wasn't a smooth ride I guess that's the heavy AF tyres and such but seems better than ever