Off Road Navigation Software: HEMA? VMS? ExplorOz?

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

Beng

Off Road Navigation Software: HEMA? VMS? ExplorOz?

Post by Beng »

Hi,

I was wondering if I could ask if anyone has any opinion and advise on off road navigation software?

I do not like to use the small 7 inch screen Off road navigation units that come with say the HEMA or VMS system and prefer to have it downloaded onto my Windows laptop.

Anyone know much about ExplorOz Traveller + EOTopo with the Premium Map download vs the HEMA and VMS? I can't seem to find HEMA or VMS on a Windows Microsoft download page but only ExplorOz package. Would any of you recommend ExplorOz? I know VMS has 3D and HEMA is very well accepted but can I download either onto my laptop (Windows 10) without using Google Play Store but through Microsoft Windows? If not is ExplorOz acceptable? Or would you recommend something else altogether?

Thanking you again,
Beng
South001

Re: Off Road Navigation Software: HEMA? VMS? ExplorOz?

Post by South001 »

I have the VMS, it's ok yet if rather spey more and get a head unit from VMS.

HEMA has a good reputation, try downloading on laptop and see what happens, Microsoft have an app store on PC it could be on the.
Thanks
Chris.
Slug

Post by Slug »

iPad mini hema app
Hangs from the top of the dash with the cover and Velcro, Had it from the first edition and just done the free update to the new maps
Had ozixeplor when it first came out on a laptop on a shelf on the HJ47 dash brilliant system but now dated
Beng

Post by Beng »

Many thanks for taking the time to post a reply. Really appreciate your responses and feedback.
Beng

Post by Beng »

I will make my decision soon so happy to close this POST but not sure how to do it ... Ha Ha! Thanks again for those who provided feedback. Ta, Beng
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

We don't "close" threads on here - the answer you received might help someone else - that's the way forums work to add value to all members.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Beng

Post by Beng »

Thanks for the clarification.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I ran the Hema Ap on an old 10" Android tablet.
Was extremely good, until updated versions of Ap stopped suitiing older units :(
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH