Vitara in tank fuel pump

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Vitara in tank fuel pump

Post by BZOOK »

So on my trip to Noojee today the fuel pump has stopped spinning. When I get it home I'll drop the tank, pull it out and have a look at it. If I need a new one what do people recommend. It's hooked up to the G16B in my sierra. Thanks.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: Vitara in tank fuel pump

Post by gwagensteve »

Interesting. They're generally very reliable. Problems mostly seem due to he car being parked for long periods with very little fuel in the tank (causing corrosion due to condensation). Just pull a pump from a baleno at the wreckers.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

It was seized when I first tried it because it had been sitting around in the vitara as you've suggested. It's been fine since I got it working and I've had enough fuel in the tank but running the car once a week hasn't helped.
Thanks for the advice. Any baleno?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I think so, or (obviously) any G16B engined vitara or X-90.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

So long story short it won't spin if it's vertical as in how it sits in the tank :twisted: . On its side and upside down it spins very well. Stupid thing. It's soaking at the moment but I'm pretty sure I'll need to pop down to the wreckers. A new one is a about $100 so for peace of mind I might order a new one. Thanks as always Steve.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Mr Gwagen Sir. My pump is 51mm but I think it's an aftermarket as it looks a little big for the mounting hardware. Standard should be 38mm. Do you forsee any issues if I get a 38mm that seems to be the stock size? Thanks.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Yep- drop back to the factory part.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Nice. Thanks.