:o Low Range Offroad Group Buy: ordering on TUESDAY 27TH

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

neofitou

:o Low Range Offroad Group Buy: ordering on TUESDAY 27TH

Post by neofitou »

Hi all,

I am organising a group buy from Low Range Offroad and will Placing the order on Tuesday next week.

I am ordering 6.5:1 Gears and a front locker.

Mika and Steve125 are potentially ordering stuff too,

if you are ready to buy, anyone that wants to be included let me know what you what I want so I can get the full quote when I call them Monday Night when they open (on monday morning), I will let everyone know to confirm the prices and then order on Tuesday Morning before they close on monday night, hopefully we will have parts by the weekend.

I am willing to pay for the whole thing on my credit card (up to $3K anyway) and get reimbursed by cash, direct debit, paypal or B-Pay, but you wont get your stuff till you give me the money and if its more than a month it goes on eBay AND I will charge you the vig and any losses.

Unless Dank can get this stuff straight from the manufacturer this week............ 8-)
mika
Financial Member

Re: :o Low Range Offroad Group Buy: ordering on TUESDAY 27TH

Post by mika »

good work Neo, I will definately get some stuff. Maybe by the weekend i will have decided wether to go Trail Gear or Trail Tough! :D
Do we get any discount? How is freight going to be paid, do we all chip in approx shipping value of what we order?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Bear in mind if the total landed price exceeds AU$1000 the shipment will cost everyone over 15% more. 5% import duty + 10% GST on the new total.

The added 15% will likely be greater than the freight saving through a larger order - That's $108.50 on a $700 order.

I'm not being a hater it's just something to consider - I've been involved in a larger order before.

If lowrange offer better than a 15% discount for a large order then it might be worthwhile.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

I think Neo has worked out some dodgy way of avoiding import duty and gst,
well i hope so anyway :D
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

I think we will just get separate consignments each under 1k, this will guarantee less hassles and give us, especially mika the choice of delivery locations. We will still have buying power and direct dealing with them rather than an only online impersonal orders good.
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

I'm after the 6.5s and a mini spool for the rear so that's about $655 AUD.

Might add an OME steering stabiliser as well. I think they are about $50 cheaper from the US.

Happy to break it into separate consignments to avoid any duty/gst.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

i can get the stuff cheap but it all has to come from one manufacturer and normally need an order of about 4000-5000 US to get dealer rates....I've already checked. The stuff is so cheap from the states at retail that it's not worth importing relatively small amounts for little margin here in Aus. They seem to run on high turnover low margins...which just doesn't work when it gets to Aus when you add all of the duties, freight etc.
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

neofitou wrote: I call them Monday Night when they open (on monday morning), I will let everyone know to confirm the prices and then order on Tuesday Morning before they close on monday night, hopefully we will have parts by the weekend.
Neo, I just checked the time zones and I think Low Range open at 2.00 am Tuesday our time and close at 10.00 am. Maybe just send them an e-mail now and talk to them before they close Tuesday morning, confirm that evening and order Tuesday night. It doesn't have to arrive this week.

Just to confirm what I want.

1x Old Man Emu steering stabiliser - OMESD30
1x Suzuki Samurai 6.5:1 Low Range Transfer Case Gears
1x Trail Tough Mini Spool
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

I'll get the following, hopefully you haven't e-mailed them yet.

1x 6.5 Trail Gear transfer gears $475
1x Gear install bearing kit $115
1x Poly transfer shifter sheet $14
2x 0.1 Output shim $6
2x 0.3 Output shim $6
2x 0.1 Input shim $6
2x 0.3 Input shim $6
1x Trail Tough Mini Spool $109
1x Diff Fill Plug w/washer $4.77

TOTAL US$741.77

Delivery postcode 3175
Last edited by mika on Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Ive just sent them an email and will call them in the morning.

Grand Total (excluding shipping and any discount we get) $1,987.22

Mine is $702.50 I added a driveline spacer to the order for my RUF. do you want one (or and extended yoke) too steve?
It might not actually fit mine, Mitch was saying mine is probably a wierd size between the 1l NT and the 1.3 WT is my even rarer 1.3NT driveline I might machine it a bit if I have to or sell it..