:o Low Range Offroad Group Buy: ordering on TUESDAY 27TH

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

mika
Financial Member

Re: :o Low Range Offroad Group Buy: ordering on TUESDAY 27TH

Post by mika »

Updated my previous post with prices, sorry Neo if you had to calculate all my parts :oops:
Delivery postcode 3175, do you need our delivery address?
Last edited by mika on Mon 26 Jul, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

neofitou wrote: I added a driveline spacer to the order for my RUF. do you want one (or and extended yoke) too steve?
No. The RUF is on hold for now.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

:cry:

lol, sorry guys, they have refused to give us any discount!

"There is nopt much I can do as far as discount goes. The 6.5 gears are already 5% under retail and the rest is as low as we can go. We also ship Priority Mail and most other suppliers will not so I know we are cheaper 95% of the time."

oh well, worth the hassle to know they cant go any lower I guess and worth the try.

We may as well just place separate orders. Placing my order now.

For those of you playing at home, the reason the total was lower than our combined amounts I was missing Mikas bearing kit.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

It can still work out cheaper to combine shipping. The incremental cost of adding another small component to a large order is a lot less than to ship that part on its own. I have seen fairly significant savings by doing this in the past. Perhaps worth considering?
cj!

Post by cj! »

I have bought quite a bit from Sean over a period of time and generally he has the cheapest prices and cheapest shipping. What you want to do is as Steve mentioned, keep the value under AUD$1000 landed to avoid all the extra costs. If you ask Sean, he will ship by post with a tracking number (USPS) which normally arrives in a week. He will fit whatever he can into the fixed price prepaid box so if for example there are a couple of you buying a few hundred dollars worth each and it can all fit in the box then it would be worthwhile combining your order..
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

yeah, my order came pretty close to $1k AUD $970 I think, the other guys are pretty high too so weve ended up with 3 separate shipments.

Ive got so much stuff going on at the moment its not funny. its great when things come together but all at once its annoying.

Next week instead of installing my front locker in time for the snow trip I have to make 75 steel brackets to hold security barriers/screens in taxis.
Just happens to be the same week I get a new welder and Ive just made an awsome work bench out of redgum sleepers complete with vice, no more working on the old coffee table on the floor in my shed..

The brackets are such an annoying shape I have to make a custom bender for them this Saturday and my Daughters party is on Sunday which will write that day off.
Take off Tuesday to make the brackets (12 hours work but I should have two helpers making it 4-5 hours) take Friday off for the ski trip.

Somewhere in there I need to change my coolant, install the locker (not going to even try the transfer case gears)..
oh well, getting bogged a few extra times in exchange for all the new toys I get to enjoy later is ok I guess.

Maybe with the money from the brackets I can buy Mitch's head and start getting my engine bits...(plans are bubbling again)... :twisted:
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Huzza!

curses! its missing the gaskets. meh.

no, wait, I found them in the bin wrapped up in some of the packing material.