Suzuki SX4

Got something to sell? Want something? Here's the place to list it. Posts will be removed after 30 days.

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Suzuki SX4

Post by Jonno » Mon 28 Sep, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi All,

I have been contacted by someone who has attended a few club meetings in the past and has a Suzuki SX4 that they want to get rid of.

It is 2008 Auto J20A? hatchback that has done 140,000km
It has a knocking noise and the owner thinks that it has done a big end bearing, but isn't 100% sure

It has rego until June next year and is in excellent condition, far too good to part out in his opinion.

The car is free to a good home, on the condition that it gets fixed up and used by a family member, friend or relative, suitable as a first car for someone or a replacement car for someone in need.

If there is no interest, it might be a good project for a few members to work together to grab a second hand motor from the wreckers and fix up to sell, with the proceeds going into the clubs bank account. The car should be worth about $5-7k according to car sales. I will discuss this option with the owner if there is no interest above

Car is located in Oakleigh and is available to view any time. Let me know and I can put you in touch. Will need to be picked up on a trailer

luigi
Financial Member

Re: Suzuki SX4

Post by luigi » Tue 29 Sep, 2020 11:42 am

Hi Fellas.
Big end bearing at 140,000 :?:
Regards. Wayne.

greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost » Wed 30 Sep, 2020 5:40 pm

yep Wayne

really common with the 15K services and people skipping them, just ask Mick at suziworld, he sees this all the time

modern cars with their tight tolerances, need the correct oil and need it changed on time
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)

porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke » Wed 07 Oct, 2020 9:49 am

X2
I was told about a wagon belonging to our Local Blue team that missed Two services in a row and the engine failed at 27000km!
Not what you want to happen.
Luke