Corona Virus - PLEASE READ

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Corona Virus - PLEASE READ

Post by Jonno »

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide a note to all members in relation to coronavirus and its effect on the club.

Firstly, club meetings will not be cancelled unless governments impose a restriction on non essential gatherings of groups of our size (20-30 people). I will keep an eye on this and advise before next meeting if this is necessary as things evolve.

If you are "at risk", I ask that you do not attend any trips or meetings or club events for the time being as a precaution to yourself and other members. "At risk" people are as per the governments advice, but basically:
  • Anyone who has been in contact with someone thought to have the virus (confirmed or awaiting testing)
  • Anyone who has travelled overseas in the past 14 days
  • Anyone who may have a compromised immune system or is at risk of being hospitalised from the virus (over 70, prior medical conditions etc), or is caring for, or living with someone at risk
If you are planning to run a club trip and are concerned at all, please get in touch with me directly to discuss options such as postponing the trip or ensuring adequate care is taken during the trip for the safety of the trip leader and other participants.

Secondly, I know that there has been incredible strain on a lot of vital services recently, as a great club of people that are always ready to lend a hand and the combined resources available at our disposal, if anyone needs a hand, or knows someone in the community who does, please get in touch either here or with me directly and let us know how we can help.
There are a lot of people here with freezers full of meat and other products that they have access to, which may be valuable to others at this time.
Damo

Re: Corona Virus - PLEASE READ

Post by Damo »

Hi All,
Thanks Johnno for the above update and information on how we may be affected as a club.
We,as a club have a duty of care to ensure that all club members are aware of the covid 19 situation and that no members are put at risk from any club activities or events etc
Be alert,not alarmed is my approach.
As mentioned above,if you need any assistance or are uncertain about any club events contact Johhmo or any other commitee members for an update if required.
Damo
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Update 23/03/20

Hi All
Looks like things have escalated in the last 24 hours, so we will cancel the April meeting and any club trips from this point unfortunately.

We might try to run the next club meeting via video conference, which is something the committee was looking at trialing this year anyway and could be good for some of our members that are further afield who want to be involved. I will post up details closer to the meeting time about this with how to join etc.

Hope everyone is doing ok and please reach out if there is anything that the club can help with
Greg

Post by Greg »

It's the right call Jonno.

Thank you for being proactive with the decision and the comms.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi All
Thanks Johnno for the above info re future club activities.
Unfortunately it is the right call to make in these very uncertain times for the safety of everyone concerned.
Damo
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Jon. I agree it is the right call. I will cancel the high country trip.

Microsoft Teams is a good platform to use. It has a web interface so no need to have the application loaded. I am not sure if it has open access. We have a company licence for all MS products but worth checking out.
2009 Manual Jimny
South001

Post by South001 »

Hi all, i look forward to the skype meeting, pity it came to this i hope we get a vaccine soon.
Thanks
Chris.
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Jon. Zoom might be another conferencing platform worth looking at. Teams will only display 4 video images at a time. Zoom could show everyone. An issue of course will be for those that are challenged by technology (thinking of you here Wayne!).
2009 Manual Jimny
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

National Pajero Club uses Discord. Is voice only and often used by gamers. I find most easy to understand but some are impossible.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hi All,

Zoom link for this Wednesday nights meeting, please join at 7:40pm

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/929798666?pwd ... hoYmlJQT09 - feel free to click this link beforehand and download the software and get set up

You will need to download the program to your computer in order for it to work. We will be using video and microphone through your computer, so ideally use a laptop as most have this built in now. If you don't have a mic or camera, you will still be able to join and see and hear everyone so join anyway

The password will be in the members section, please reply here if you dont have access to the members section and we will sort it out for you