MIG Gas

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

jono165
Financial Member

Re: MIG Gas

Post by jono165 »

Looks like I'm getting a bit ripped off. Supagas was cheap when I signed up but it's appears not so much now.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

So I ended up ordering the wrong 'deal'. A D size bottle of gas costs $108 per year. No rental etc and I believe you get one free refill at the moment as part of this new 'fill for less' plan. BOC website has great info. I just need to head to my local distributor and collect a full D size. Then I just need to practice MIG welding with my ancient Kemppi.
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

So my E size from elgas is actually $15/12 and a fill is $80
I probably go through one fill per year so thats $260 a year for 4.0m3 = $65 per m3
if I go to bunnings and go for the D size bottle I would use 2.35 fills of the bottle at $99/fill that would be $233 and 58 per m3 but then you have to factor in coughing up $200 for the deposit.
You can always buy your own bottle but then I am not sure how testing etc goes with that. I think the E is around $500-600 and the D is around $400 - 450
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

I don't see myself using much gas once I do all the stuff I want to do. D size from bunnies might do me until I find out my average usage and reassess. I'm not even sure my new old kempii works so cheapest start up it important for me.