Vitara S Turbo

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

Crazy Sierra

Vitara S Turbo

Post by Crazy Sierra »

Hey guys

Just purchased a brand new Vitara S turbo allgrip, does anybody know a place that might sell aftermarket parts like coil spacers ?

I don’t want to modify it but if I can get 1” coil spacers would be good to put slightly bigger A/T tyres on

Any help ?

greyghost
Financial Member

Re: Vitara S Turbo

Post by greyghost »

be warned.

coil spacers will void your warranty, as will a bigger tyre than the stock one on the placard.
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'm sure a generic coil spacer could be used to lift the rear, but the front is McPherson strut, so the normal way of cheating some lift for that application is with a star spacer.

Adding a coil spacer in the rear won't increase the tyre size you can fit.

Spacing the McPherson struts is, I'm sure, possible, and will theoretically increase maximum possible tyre size, it's fairly fraught. Alignment (camber) will be knocked out of whack, and both static and maximum CV joint angles will be increased. That increased angle might become critical at full droop in reverse, because that's when the angles max out.

If you just spaced the spring inside the McPherson strut, you'll find the suspension "topping out" more, which will cause strut damage.

Whilst a small tyre size increase would be helpful, you'll also trade off road performance and critically, add heat to the auto.

TBH, I can't really see the point for that car. The gain in capability will be very small and the consequences of a voided warranty high - and rest assured, lift and tyre size increase could be implicated in pretty much any part failure which would be subject of warranty.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Crazy Sierra

Post by Crazy Sierra »

Always a good read steve, and I’ll always keep your words seriously ...

I’ve done a lot of sreaching since I’ve posted this and I’ve only found 1 kit for the LY Vitara, it’s from “eibach springs” its a 25mm lift for front and back ... so it’s nothing special but I wasn’t planning to go take the Vitara to tuff trucks or anything lol just make it a bit better jumping puddles yea lol plus I tow the JetSki so sometimes we go off-road