Softop roof bars

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Softop roof bars

Post by BZOOK »

Zookers. You know the round padded bars that should run from the bolt holes on the top of the front window surround to the B pillar. How do they attach at the B pillar. My B pillar doesn't have any fitment holes. Thanks.
Brenton.
greyghost
Financial Member

Re: Softop roof bars

Post by greyghost »

through the seat belt top bolt, as far as I can remember
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

I cannot find any pics on the interweb. If I run a bar parallel with the window it hits the b pillar top section about an inch or so inboard of the bolts that hold the top section to the sides. I'm keen to make up a roof tray similar to the ones on lowrange and it'd help with my bikini top side straps as well.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Tried a few different key search words and found one site selling a bar the runs between the roof bars to allow water to run off. The roof bars connect with a flat plate that bolts to the top of the b pillar cross member ie roof bit. Solution found.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

The attach to the roof pillar like so - the stainless button head caps in these photos.

I can't recall if there is another bolt I can't see with the roof on.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Hi Steve. Thanks for that. It's the additional roof bars that perhaps only exist in the US. They are usually padded. The lowrange offroad guys have a steel tray the sits up against the bikini top and attaches to these bars. I want to make something similar. I've got some gal pipe that already has one end ready. One of my safari tops looks like it should attach to these additional bars as well.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/suzuki-s ... odels.html