Tailgate LED lights

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Tailgate LED lights

Post by BZOOK »

I was behind a new ute yesterday and I really liked the rear lights. Would like to consider moving tail lights to the tailgate at some stage.
https://www.ultimateledlights.com.au/co ... lampc3xrw/
jono165
Financial Member

Re: Tailgate LED lights

Post by jono165 »

It might be worth looking up the relevant ADR regarding this.

I think putting the lights in the tailgate may place them too far from the outside of the vehicle, especially if you want to avoid the structure inside the tailgate.

A very simply rear bar can be made from RHS with the lights recessed in which provides a bit more protection for the lights and keeps things looking a bit more standard.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Good points. My stock bumper has survived pretty well but at some stage I'd like to beef that up. Keeping it looking stock would make sense. Actually drove past the same ute this morning. Looks cool.
6eoffrey

Post by 6eoffrey »

I'm kinda curious how it turned out since I'm planning to switch with LED lights as well.
Lot of garage work needs to be done this weekend. Anyone here has experience installing a ReadyLift.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

6eoffrey wrote: Fri 29 Jun, 2018 4:11 pm I'm kinda curious how it turned out since I'm planning to switch with LED lights as well.
I've not done a thing about it.
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

I have leds recessed into rhs. I mounted them on foam glued in so if they hit something they have a bit of give.
Oddly my indicators are much dimmer than the other lights so i have to set up some relays or something
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Someone else did this before I bought it. They are attached to a thin piece of steel.
Crazy Sierra

Post by Crazy Sierra »

Low range off road sell a complete LED rear light conversion, comes with everything for the install but the steel plate they supply might need modifying if your bumper isn’t as straight as a new one would lol

Here’s a picture of mine ...