Club Permit Scheme

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

lbzook
Financial Member

Club Permit Scheme

Post by lbzook »

The Suzuki 4wd Club of Victoria offers the use of VicRoads Club Permit Scheme to its financial members.
Detailed information about the CPS can be found on the VicRoads website here https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... mit-scheme

Club guidelines for the CPS are as follows

1. Members MUST be an active and current financial member of the Suzuki 4WD Club of Victoria to be eligible to place a vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme (CPS).
Details of Club Membership etc. can be found here http://www.vic.suzuki4wd.com/forum/view ... 9767#p9767

2. Members MUST be financial during the full period of the Permit. If your membership has lapsed and is not paid, the vehicle is no longer a part of the CPS and is considered unregistered with no TAC insurance irrespective of the remaining period on the permit.

3. To be eligible any vehicle must have a current RWC from an authorised Vic Roads inspector.

4. Modified vehicles must have all modifications approved by a VASS certified engineer.

5. Members must make vehicles applying or renewing a permit, available to be photographed by the club for its records, as required by VicRoads.

6. The Club reserves the right to seek from Vic Roads the cancellation, without notice, of any Permit assigned through the Club, if a Member fails to comply with any provisions of this club policy or any requirement of Club Permit Holders as required by Vic Roads. This includes the holder carrying out any modifications to the vehicle which may have an impact on roadworthiness.

If you wish to make use of the CPS, you MUST make contact with the club regarding your vehicles eligibility, before any paperwork or membership can be addressed by email (info@vic.Suzuki4wd.com), or via PM to a current committee member.

Please email info@vic.suzuki4wd.com for any further information regarding the CPS.

Leigh.
Mike57
Financial Member

Re: Club Permit Scheme

Post by Mike57 »

To anyone that needs to have their club permit renewed over the next few months.

Firstly I have been advised through my other club (the Singer Car Club) that Vicroads will no longer renew permits over the counter:

In order to minimise contact, VicRoads can no longer accept club permit renewals at VicRoads’ Customer Service Centres.
Until further notice, club permit renewals can only be accepted by post to:
VicRoads
GPO Box 1644
MELBOURNE VIC 3001

Next for those needing to have their renewal signed it is best to post this well in advance to myself and include a self addressed and stamped return envelope. Anyone with a club permit should have my personal email address so contact me via email or via the general club email address to get my PO Box details.

So keep in mind you will need to start this process early and don't leave it to the last minute.

Regards

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

Likewise the other Committee Members can sign these documents.
My contact information is in the Members Addresses! page in the Club Related News & Views section. Flick me a text and we can arrange a time. Or drop the VicRoads notice in the mailbox if you feel you may be sick. We can arrange a time to pick up.
Cheers.
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

I received a clarification from VicRoads. They are still open for payments in person but for those that prefer no contact the renewals can be handled by mail. So no change really, they were just reminding people that the renewals can be done by mail. As the situation might change I suggest it might be good to phone VicRoads before you go in just in case.
2009 Manual Jimny
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

Hi All.
New bits and bobs are proposed by VicRoads on the CPScheme. Read more in the link below and take a look at p22/23 in the Regulatory Impact Statement.
https://engage.vic.gov.au/road-safety-v ... Gv8oiNrBSk

Basically costs will rise, penalties will decrease (unregistered vehicle drops to log book fine), and there might be a new log book.

There is also some things in there around VASS and engineered vehicles.