MIG Gas

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

MIG Gas

Post by BZOOK »

Hello all. I need to buy MIG gas. I'm looking at the Bunnings option. Size D. $99 per bottle with a $200 deposit. Trade n go. Any other suggestions or options worth considering?
Thanks
Brenton.
jonfromhamilton

Re: MIG Gas

Post by jonfromhamilton »

i hire an E size bottle for about 65 per year and i think its roughly the same for a fill. thats from elgas
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

jonfromhamilton wrote: Mon 19 Aug, 2019 7:10 am i hire an E size bottle for about 65 per year and i think its roughly the same for a fill. thats from elgas
I shall have a look thanks Jon
jono165
Financial Member

Post by jono165 »

I'm waiting for my E size cylinder to run out and then I'll be returning it for the Bunnings/total tools option.

I currently rent from supagas and unless you go through alot it's not really worth the quarterly rental charges. The convenience is I can ring up and they bring a new one to me while I'm at work.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

jono165 wrote: Mon 19 Aug, 2019 7:52 am I'm waiting for my E size cylinder to run out and then I'll be returning it for the Bunnings/total tools option.

I currently rent from supagas and unless you go through alot it's not really worth the quarterly rental charges. The convenience is I can ring up and they bring a new one to me while I'm at work.
Good to Know. Thanks Jono.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I’d enquire at a BOC store too. Their pricing is now much more competitive than it was.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

gwagensteve wrote: Mon 19 Aug, 2019 12:00 pm I’d enquire at a BOC store too. Their pricing is now much more competitive than it was.
Shall do. The $200 refundable deposit at Bunnings seems a bit steep if I'll always have a bottle of gas at home. Thanks.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

BZOOK wrote: Mon 19 Aug, 2019 12:51 pm
gwagensteve wrote: Mon 19 Aug, 2019 12:00 pm I’d enquire at a BOC store too. Their pricing is now much more competitive than it was.
Shall do. The $200 refundable deposit at Bunnings seems a bit steep if I'll always have a bottle of gas at home. Thanks.
From BOC

Price $108 - Argoshield Light (or) Argoshield Universal.
Includes: 1 full D size cylinder, 1 free refill when bottles becomes empty. no bottle deposit or rental charges.
Argoshield light is generally used for sheet metal 1-4mm thick.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

BOC all the way. I even got a first purchase promo code so D size of their Argoshield Light picked up for $65.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I use e size bottles (and need to look at my pricing) but it’s good to see they’re competitive. I’ve seen some of the promotions they’ve been doing for the new pricing models.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon