Social Trip - Pistol Shooting - Temporarily on Hold

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

Social Trip - Pistol Shooting - Temporarily on Hold

Post by Matthew »

I've had a look into it and it seems viable.

It costs $60.00 per person and a non-refundable $100 deposit is needed at time of booking.

Events take about 2 - 3 hours and are normally run on Thursday and Friday nights (7.30pm start) and Saturday afternoons (3pm start). The venue is located in Todd Rd, Fishermans Bend.

A typical event/evening is conducted as follows:

* Short safety briefing (mandatory) & basic instruction
* Guests proceed to 10m range for air pistol shooting. This allows them to practice some of the basics with a gun with minimal recoil.
* Guests move to 25m range for .22 pistol shooting. This is normally fired with .22 revolvers at a distance of 10m to make it easier for inexperienced shooters. Corporate groups have often used this part of the evening to run a competition - either teams or individual.
* Guests then have the option of firing a .38 revolver. More bang & recoil, so not all participants take up this option.

I was thinking of running this on a Saturday afternoon, and depending on how people are feeling afterward we could get a bite to eat somewhere. ATM I'm thinking 31st of October or 7th of November, providing the shooting club is available.
Having heard stories of other club social trips ending badly due to deposits and people failing to turn up etc, I will be requiring the money in full from anyone who wants to go before I book. Once I have money from 8 or more people will I book.

So who's interested?

Matt
Jaffa

Re: Social Trip - Pistol Shooting

Post by Jaffa »

Do you need a gun licence to be able to shoot? I f not Im interested.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Sounds like fun!

Im in if there is 6 outhers with $60 at the next meeting ;)
Luke
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Jaffa wrote:Do you need a gun licence to be able to shoot? I f not Im interested.

No, just need to sign a few things.
From their site:

"Police requirements
It is a legal requirement that every individual wishing to participate in handgun shooting must provide certain information. This information is:

* Participant Name, Address and Contact Details
* Identification Check – Two identification documents are required. (Provide one of a current government issued document e.g Driver Licence, Birth Certificate, Passport or Medicare Card; and one of any other document which has the participant’s name such as a credit card). The documents must be sighted by the instructor on the night.

This information must be completed on the form “VP1120 Notification of Receiving Instruction” and provided to the club’s instructor who will forward this to the Licencing Services Division of the Victoria Police."

porter.8.luke wrote:Sounds like fun!

Im in if there is 6 outhers with $60 at the next meeting ;)
Make that 5, I'll be there.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

This sounds great.

What pistols are we going to fire?

The .22 are like pea shooters. 9mm pistols are O.K but give me a 44 Magnum any day.

What do we get for $60.00?
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

First post
Matthew wrote:
A typical event/evening is conducted as follows:

* Short safety briefing (mandatory) & basic instruction
* Guests proceed to 10m range for air pistol shooting. This allows them to practice some of the basics with a gun with minimal recoil.
* Guests move to 25m range for .22 pistol shooting. This is normally fired with .22 revolvers at a distance of 10m to make it easier for inexperienced shooters. Corporate groups have often used this part of the evening to run a competition - either teams or individual.
* Guests then have the option of firing a .38 revolver. More bang & recoil, so not all participants take up this option.
Good luck finding a .44mag in Vic, .38 is the largest legal calibre without consent from the Chief Commissioner.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'd prefer an evening rather than the weekend due to "shed commitments" but think I'm OK to do either if they are the option.

I'm pretty sure Seonaid is in. Are you OK to accept non members - pretty sure my Mum is keen to come along, but I'd need to confirm later.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

An evening may be a possibility, we can talk tomorrow night.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

I'm keen
Greg

Post by Greg »

i'm keen to come along for a bit of root'n-toot'n-and-shoot'n too matt.

once the dates are confirmed, i'll confirm my attendance.

cheers