Bills Block Winter Bonfire And Roast Weekend new date 31st July- 1st Aug

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Damo

Bills Block Winter Bonfire And Roast Weekend new date 31st July- 1st Aug

Post by Damo »

Hey All,

So its time to head out to Bills Block for a Club sponsored winter roast and bonfire to chase away the winter blues.

The club is covering the cost of the meal but will be passing the hat around for a $15 donation to Bill as a thankyou.Can i ask that everyone contribute to this please if your able.

Meeting at 10am on the Saturday, the plan for the weekend is pretty relaxed driving and kicking back around the camp fire with a huge roast in the evening.

There is heaps of wood laying around and so a clean up and fire/fires to help Bill is also part of the plan.

Onsite camping for the saturday night for those that wish too(Greg and Fel maybe)

The club will be providing a roast meal on saturday evening consisting of a selection of meats cooked on the Weber's along with roast veg in the camp ovens and all the usual trimmings.

I will grab all the meats and veg and if you have some meat in the freezer you want to bring along that would be great also,just let me know so as i can plan it out.

To pull this off i am putting the call out for some volunteers to bring their camp ovens(3 will be needed depending on numbers attending)
and also to take charge of the vegie prep and cooking.

Steve G if you are coming and able to bring your big table that would be quite useful.

Leigh if you are coming could you bring your Weber Q please.

For those who have not been to Bills, it is private property owned by a friend of the club, suitable for any car and ability, there are plenty of tracks ranging from very easy to very difficult and lots of people to give you a hand if you want some tips, or even just to spectate others driving obstacles.

Address details are in the members section of the forum or you can contact a commitee member.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and it will be great to see a big turnout of people,cars and kids and doggos.

Damo
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: Bills Block Winter Bonfire And Roast Weekend - 24/25th July

Post by gwagensteve »

I have some commitments around (but maybe not on) that weekend but I'll try and make it.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

Hi Damo, Sounds like a great plan. Just seeing Steve G’s response also; would love to come however we can’t make it that weekend either, however for consideration, could the weekend before or the weekend after
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

im 100% in!
looking forward to it
Damo

Post by Damo »

stevend34 wrote: Sun 27 Jun, 2021 2:37 pm Hi Damo, Sounds like a great plan. Just seeing Steve G’s response also; would love to come however we can’t make it that weekend either, however for consideration, could the weekend before or the weekend after
I can easily move it to the following weekend if that suits better for more people

Just let me know the general feel
greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost »

I can and will do this weekend,
but not the ones either side, cause of kids
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
kel00

Post by kel00 »

Hi everyone, hubby and myself would really like to attend this meet. We would be first timers is that a problem? Would really like to meet and greet before the snow trip :D

Edited to add: I am happy to bring a camp oven and would need to set up the swag for the night please, don't fancy driving the 4 hours home.
Last edited by kel00 on Fri 02 Jul, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

kel00 wrote: Mon 28 Jun, 2021 7:12 am Hi everyone, hubby and myself would really like to attend this meet. We would be first timers is that a problem? Would really like to meet and greet before the snow trip :D
Hey, kel00 this would be a perfect opportunity for first timers!
looking forward to meeting you :D
lbzook
Financial Member

Post by lbzook »

I'm in, and happy to bring along my Webber
Patty - JT GV

Post by Patty - JT GV »

Hi, Where abouts is the block, I would be keen to come down for the day and meet a few people.