Snow Trip 13th and 14th of August 2021

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Re: Snow Trip 13th and 14th of August

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

So lockdown for metro is official still on.

Felicity and I have cancelled our accommodation.

Let's get a roll call for Regional folk still keen for this weekend (need a trip leader), and we can come up with the next best date for everyone too.

Thanks,
Greg
suzi88

Post by suzi88 »

Hey team,

I won't be able to do the trip next weekend and I know that some others can't either. Would anyone be keen for a trip on the weekend of AUG 28th,29th? Would be great to get out to the after lockdown and hopefully there would still be snow.

Max
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Based on accommodation availability in Mansfield I can do 4 September for the day trip. The previous weekend 28 August looks to be booked out or very expensive. I can't do 21 August.
2009 Manual Jimny
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

Dates we can do are 21st or 4th Regardless of when it is we will be camping the night before and possible the night after also.

We are not regional
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

For anyone that didn't make it to the meeting on wed, please note I'll be unavailable to lead any new snow trip dates in the next few weeks due to work etc.

So we officially need new dates, new permits and a new leader.

Cheers,
Greg
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

The way it is looking we might still be in lockdown for the next few weeks minimum so maybe we should hold off any planning until we see the light at the end of the tunnel?
2009 Manual Jimny
kar_minghk
Financial Member

Post by kar_minghk »

Any plan going this year?
Suzuki Jimny 2020 JB74
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hi Kar_minghk

Yes absolutely, this is an annual trip that we run every year, usually first or second weekend of August

We always have two trips:
Trip 1: The day trip heading up from the jamieson side and back down for dinner at the jamieson hotel on the Saturday, usually departing Jamieson around 8am
Trip 2: The camping trip, usually leaving on the Thursday morning from Moe, heading up from the Licola side, camping at huts or in the snow if huts are not available, and then heading up to the summit of Mt skene Saturday afternoon to meet up with the day trippers, then all head down to Jamieson together for dinner

We will be discussing this at the club meeting on Wednesday next week and locking in dates etc. Will then create a couple of posts on here