Toolangi 30th Jan – Solid Medium

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

lbzook
Financial Member

Re: Toolangi 30th Jan – Solid Medium

Post by lbzook »

BZOOK wrote: Wed 23 Dec, 2020 12:52 pm
lbzook wrote: Wed 23 Dec, 2020 9:57 am Keen for a passenger seat if anyone's is free
You are welcome in mine as long as you don't mind instructing me on the finer points.
More than happy to teach you the "finer" points of my driving style... :? :lol:
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

thinking about camping the night before if anyone would like to join
gh1

Post by gh1 »

Hi guys. I have done mostly beach/sand driving in Western Australia and am wondering whether this might be beyond my capabilities. I have an 09 grand vitara 2 door. Also whats required in terms recovery equipment?
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

gh1 wrote: Sat 09 Jan, 2021 7:06 pm Hi guys. I have done mostly beach/sand driving in Western Australia and am wondering whether this might be beyond my capabilities. I have an 09 grand vitara 2 door. Also whats required in terms recovery equipment?
Minimum requirements and other info here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1539
You could consider coming as a passenger to get an idea what we do?
I'll let trip leader add more.

Watch https://youtu.be/MY7febtZPdM
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Hi gh 1, welcome to the club. Please take this the right way (and sorry if I’m jumping the gun for the trip leader.) Knowing the area, your vehicle, and experience, I think this trip might be a bit too steep a learning curve. I’m pretty sure the trip will climb Rocky track, for example, and I descended it a couple of days ago and I’m not sure you’d have a good time on it. All the bypasses are quite off camber and chopped up. We’ve had NGV’s up it and they have to work pretty hard.

I’d second Chris’ suggestion to see if there’s a passenger seat available. It’s a great forest and a really good introduction to Victorian conditions, I think it probably isn’t the best first trip for you.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi gh1. I reckon the Daylesford trip on Feb 21 will be a perfect starting point for you. :)
Its an easy trip amd will suit most stock 4wds. Easy.....but still fun and interesting country.
Regards. Wayne.
suzi88

Post by suzi88 »

Sounds like fun!
Dad and I will be in. So Max and Peter in two sierras.
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

Hi Guys, good to see several cars coming along already. I’ll do a bit of trip planning this week, if you have suggestions let me know. Things like the stair case off marginal, Aeroplane Track, Rocky Track and already on the list 😊 Will need to work our what closed and what’s not also.

gh1, welcome also. Chris (Christover1), Wayne (luigi) and Steve (gwagensteve) have a lot of experience and wisdom and I agree with what they’ve mentioned. To be a passenger just reply to the post and if there is a spare seat someone will tee it up with you.
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

Cockpit track?
gh1

Post by gh1 »

Where abouts in Tolangi are you meeting. I am happy to come along and see what you do. If there is a passenger seat even better.