Snow Trip - 3 Day Camp - Camping - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun 26-29 Aug 2020 - CANCELLED

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Damo

Re: Snow Trip - 3 Day Camp - Camping - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun 6-9 Aug 2020

Post by Damo »

Thanks Mike and Luke for your work on this.
I’m glad we started the process early and had the paperwork mostly sorted.
I have read online of others with permits already issued for late August so hopefully we have an answer on ours shortly also
Damo
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Permits were issued today. I have updated the first post with the list of drivers and vehicles that are listed on the permit. Please confirmed that you are still committed for this trip and also check that your vehicle registration is correctly listed. Any changes let myself, Luke and Ben know ASAP. Permit is for four days Thursday 6 to Sunday 9 August for travel from Licola to Jamieson with changes obviously allowed due to weather.
2009 Manual Jimny
Quinny
Financial Member

Post by Quinny »

Hi All,

I've been thinking about the trip and the amount of cars and people coming, i have concerns below as the trip leader

1. We wont be able to fit all the cars in area near the hut meaning there is a risk that you'll have to park your car on the road (cant see the road from the hut)
2. I dont believe we will all fit in the hut comfortably, its not a overly big hut which means some people will need to camp outside which may make there 4 day trip less enjoyable

Happy to listen to feedback, last year even slightly modified suzuki's struggled (29s and a rear locker) and that was with 6 cars with the 10 cars that are currently listed as coming im concerned we might spend a lot of time recovering and not much time driving.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Valid concerns Ben. As we have discussed we will pot a small presentation together and make sure every one coming on the trip is prepared for snow camping ect. lt is a fun trip however it is also potentially dangerous and stressful for those who organise and run it. Cheers
Luke
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hey Ben,

Just a thought, there are a number of other good huts in the area, you could consider splitting the group into two as long as both crews are self sufficient?
I am sure that the bigger cars would catch up to the suzukis during the day if the suzukis are pushing through fresh snow?
Not sure if this would require a second permit or not but probably have enough time to organise if so?
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

I don't see why the convoy cannot be split without the need for a new permit. As long as each convoy has minimum of three vehicles.
2009 Manual Jimny
Damo

Post by Damo »

And a chainsaw :roll:
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Sharing an update from 4wd Vic, key point is that snow trip is after this round of restrictions ends so we will continue to monitor the situation as we get closer

From 4WD VIC: Be aware of the new COVID-19 restrictions that came into force on 22nd June, 2020 and Victoria is in a declared State of Emergency through to 11.59pm 19th July, 2020.

For full details of restrictions please click on the link https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-r ... s-covid-19 There are a number of areas on the site to expand on for more detailed information.

Most importantly for members that are planning Trips and have Mt Skene permits please note that Outdoor gatherings have reduced to a maximum group of 10 people.

What you need to know
  • Stay safe by washing your hands, keeping your distance from others, and staying home if you feel unwell.
  • If you have symptoms of coronavirus you should get tested.
  • From 22 June the number of visitors that you can have to your home has reduced to five visitors. Outdoor gatherings have reduced to a maximum group of ten people.
  • Restaurants, pubs, auction halls, community halls, libraries, museums and places of worship remain at a maximum of 20 people in any one space until 12 July.
  • Businesses including gyms, cinemas, theatres and TABs can open, with a maximum of 20 people per space.
  • All changes to restrictions and the proposed dates are subject to the advice of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer and the continued and effective management of the spread of COVID-19.
richplezo

Post by richplezo »

Hi Ben and Luke , Willy and myself are totally happy to camp outside , we’ve both prepared our Zooks to sleep in them.
And we’ve got tents for the purpose . So don’t worry about us .
Cheers
Quinny
Financial Member

Post by Quinny »

Hi Snow Trip Camper,

I've decided that im going to step down from the trip leader, we still have time for another member to take lead on this.

I have received the below email from 4wd Vic

Good morning to all Trip Leaders. As with the previous e-mails below, we advise you of the following. Our records show that you approved permits for trips over the Jamieson – Licola Road via Mt Skene. As per the latest regulations, outdoor gatherings are limited to no more than ten people. This includes children and people from the same household. Your permits currently have more than ten participants listed. These numbers MUST be reduced to not more than ten. Failure to do this may result in your permit being revoked as well as any other penalties as may be applied by the authorities. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that you conform to the regulations regarding numbers and social distancing. Please ensure that you act upon this so that all goes smoothly and that the road and permits are not shut down.

With thanks.

Good morning to all Trip Leaders. With yesterday’s pronouncements regarding social activities, it is incumbent upon us that we provide you with the following information. ALL permits for Mt Skene are now restricted to a Maximum of 10 people. This includes all passengers in vehicles. Any trip that currently has more than 10 people registered must be reduced to meet the new restrictions. Please review your trips and modify accordingly.

With thanks.