Snow Trip - 3 Day Camp - Camping - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun 8-11 Aug 2019 - Meet 11am - Luke's Place

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

droopypete

Re: Snow Trip - 3 Day Camp - Camping - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun 8-11 Aug 2019 - Meet 11am - Luke's Place

Post by droopypete »

I'm both in and out, sadly ive been too busy with work to get get the roadworthy in time but Max is still as keen as mustard, so I will go with him in his car, thats a bugger as its one less winch but good as I will spend some quality time with Max and perhaps teach him how to build an igloo and other alpine gems (he already knows not to eat yellow snow), anybody remember the time we all made the "sunken lounge room" on a past snow trip we dug a meter or so down to the ground and used the excess snow to build a wall around the top to keep the weather out, it was windy and awful up top but 15/20 of us were cosy and warm around the fire down the bottom, a great trip.
Peter.
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip - 3 Day Camp - Camping - Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun 8-11 Aug 2019 - Meet 11am - Luke's Place

Post by christover1 »

__hr_Keeping+warm.jpg
__hr_Keeping+warm.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

__hr_The+Great.jpg
__hr_The+Great.jpg (24.91 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Just confirming that I have a house booked for Saturday night that sleeps 6 in beds. In Jamieson.

Pretty sure, Ben, Luke Jonno and me are in the house, not sure who else? Darcy and Courtney have the double bed.

We can squeeze more on the floor though.

Also, i did book it for Friday night too as David wanted to use it on Friday, but now it seems he is out.
So Im going to offer it to the other day trippers for friday.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Cheers Neo.
We are on track for Thursday lunch time. We have a list of things and witch cars will be carrying what as to make the trip a nicer one ( ute all of the fuel🤨) so just remember that we need to pack some wood and rearrang things befor we leave so factor som time for that on Thursday morning. Cheers see you all then.
Luke
South001

Post by South001 »

Good luck guys!

See you at the bottom of the hill or the Pub!
Thanks
Chris.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Getting a lift out with Emma this morning as soon as I can wrangle the troops to get me to Nazzawazza.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Crusty Camper Squad,

Given the conditions, lets be sensible and say:

If we haven't met up by 3pm - we will radio / phone each other to check in.

If we haven't heard from or met up by 4pm - we will start turning around to head back down the hill into Jamieson.

I think if we make it over the summit, we will go past Barkley River Jeep Track, but not go beyond Lazarini Spur.

Cheers,
The Day Trippers
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
If the weather bureau predictions of a second ice age are correct. :shock: I reckon we might have to come looking for you blokes in the spring thaw.
Be careful of avalanches and crevasses :lol:

I reckon you all will have an adventure and will have lots of stories to tell.
Regards. Wayne.
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Did anyone from the camping crew survive? No posts from them as yet?
2009 Manual Jimny