Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - New Photos - Page 14

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

neofitou

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Jamieson Accom - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - 10 Car Limit Hit

Post by neofitou »

rmitchell wrote: Tue 06 Aug, 2019 12:11 am Hi Neo. I would like a spot in your place on the Friday please and would take a guess that Jon L might need a spot too. Saves the early drive from Mansfield.
Will bring up some cash or bank transfer.
I have PMed you the details, anyone else wanting to use the cabin on Friday please contact Richard M.
Greg

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Jamieson Accom - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - 10 Car Limit Hit

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

Given it is going to be cold and blizzard-like, a polite reminder to ensure you have packed your snatch strap and shackles - i think it is likely we will be recovering each other and possibly other clubs' vehicles quite a bit.

Please also consider bringing additional clothing and additional rations - we intend to be back at the pub for dinner, but if we get stuck behind other vehicles - we could be out quite late.

I'm feeling both excited and cautious about the forecast at the moment.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg

Post by Greg »

I just posted this in the other trip thread - but so we are all on the same page:
Hi Crusty Camper Squad,

Given the conditions, lets be sensible and say:

If we haven't met up by 3pm - we will radio / phone each other to check in.

If we haven't heard from or met up by 4pm - we will start turning around to head back down the hill into Jamieson.

I think if we make it over the summit, we will go past Barkley River Jeep Track, but not go beyond Lazarini Spur.

Cheers,
The Day Trippers/quote]
Greg

Post by Greg »

Saturday - 7am Drivers Meeting.

Perkins St - Grey St Intersection - Basically where the Post Office is (we are staying on Grey St if people need to drop things off or leave things behind).

Please be on time. Please be early. Please allow plenty of time and drive safely. If everyone is early we will get going early.

Everyone driving is a full member - but if there are temp members passengering with us - we will need temp member forms completed before we get going.

I will have forms, but you could also save time and fill out the paperwork on line and print it out:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... hGp-xOS7Ix

I'm assuming we will simply convoy towards Mt Skene and stop to air down when we hit snow.
Greg

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - Sat 7am Drivers Meeting - Please don't be late

Post by Greg »

Friday Night pub dinner if you're in Jamieson already.
Mike57
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - Sat 7am Drivers Meeting - Please don't be late

Post by Mike57 »

Congratulations to our seconded trip leader Beng who did a fantastic job leading us off the mountain. His first 4WD trip as well. Very well equipped vehicle Beng. Hope you had a good time. Sorry we did not get the chance to say goodbye before you left.
2009 Manual Jimny
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

Thanks for a great day out of fun and adventure.

Thanks Mike for organising the permits.

Thanks Damo for bringing the chainsaw.

Fingers crossed for another blizzard next year :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Greg

p.s. I have picked up an extra shackle on Saturday - if you are the owner - please let me know.
Beng

Post by Beng »

Hello one and all,

Thanks Mike for such kind words although I think they are overly generous as I don’t feel that I did all that well but having said that it was FUN! FUN! FUN!

Thank you one and all for allowing me to be part of this Mt Skene trip! A special word of thanks must go to Greg for pulling this all together and also for allowing me to be part of the 10 vehicle convoy on this trip.

A word of thanks too to Steve for taking the initiative to pop over while airing down the tyres to show me what 4WD settings I needed in my Prado.

A very special word of thanks must go to Peter for jumping into my passenger seat and giving me a crash course on 4WDing! Thanks Mate!

Then there was Damo and together with Peter they have such a lot of 4WD experience between them and they freely shared their skills with the rest of us and together with others like Steve, Max, etc. …. one and all, helped us to get out of the u-turn jam!

Now I can’t wait for the Robe trip and to learn some more new things about off road driving and hoping to get to know you guys better as well as learning more new things and just having FUN!

Many thanks again to one and all!
Beng

P.S. I did send a Thank You post earlier but I did not see it so I must have stuffed something up in posting it so I thought I would resend another but if that first one gets through then you will have two similar messages … Ha Ha.
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Greg if that is a black and orange (or red) one 19mm 4.75 tonne it is mine. I am missing the one that fits my factor 55 flat link.
2009 Manual Jimny
Greg

Post by Greg »

Mike57 wrote: Sun 11 Aug, 2019 5:58 pm Hi Greg if that is a black and orange (or red) one 19mm 4.75 tonne it is mine. I am missing the one that fits my factor 55 flat link.
Mike - You're in luck! I'll bring it on Wednesday.