Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - New Photos - Page 14

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Mike57
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Jamieson Accom - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - 10 Car Limit Hit

Post by Mike57 »

I am sure there would be other spare seats available in other cars too Damian so all three can go. i would keep the plans in place and see what happens between now and then. For example if my wife pulls out I will have a spare seat as well and happy to allow driving as well. I submitted your name back on 14 June and never got acknowledgement even though I called them to make sure he saw it.
2009 Manual Jimny
Beng

Re: Snow Trip - Day Trippers - Jamieson Accom - Fri/Sat/Sun - 9-11 Aug 2019 - 10 Car Limit Hit

Post by Beng »

As I will be coming alone for this day trip I can take one in my passenger seat if anyone really wants.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Thanks everyone for the offers of a spare seat etc
We will still come up as planned on the friday
and either passenger or just do our own thing Saturday and catch up for tea :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Damo wrote: Fri 28 Jun, 2019 2:17 pm Thanks everyone for the offers of a spare seat etc
No issues on the accomodation either way Damo.
Beng

Post by Beng »

Morning everyone,

As I am new to to the Club and this website as well as the first time to attend this Snow Trip it is mentioned that the meeting place for the drivers is at 7am on the 10th Aug 2019 in Jamieson. Can I know exactly where in Jamieson we are to meet up as I will be finding my own way there myself plus it would be my first time to Jamieson too.

Ta,
Beng
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Beng,

Jamieson is pretty small. I'm staying on Perkins St. The servo, cafe and courthouse hotel are all on Perkins St too.

I expect we will meet either on Perkins - or on the Jamieson-Licola Rd.

Cheers,
Greg
Beng

Post by Beng »

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for the location of our meeting point. See you guys in August!

Ta,
Beng
Damo

Post by Damo »

Greg wrote: Fri 28 Jun, 2019 4:41 pm
Damo wrote: Fri 28 Jun, 2019 2:17 pm Thanks everyone for the offers of a spare seat etc
No issues on the accomodation either way Damo.
[/quote
Thanks Greg We are still coming either way and we may have a vehicle drop out by the time the trip rolls around.
I am interested to see how my car performs compared to last time now that it’s running new/better tyres and new lifted suspension,
So if a spot opens up that’s cool,if not,that’s fine also.
Damo
Beng

Post by Beng »

G'Day,

At the start of the forum it mentions:

TRIP RATING:
Snow Driving - All Vehicles Catered For

And because of that I assume it caters for beginners like me ... However, just wondering, what is the level of difficulty for this day snow trip up Mt Skene? Easy? Medium? Difficult?

Because if it is too difficult then I might slow others up and I don't want to spoil others fun ...

I do have mud and snow tyres but Damo was mentioning about having new lifted suspension for his vehicle ... my vehicle does not have any extra lift ... is this going to be an issue for this trip? Will my vehicle bottom out too option without say a 2 inch lift or more?

Ta,
Beng
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

Hey Beng,

First rule of Snow Trip is . . . Don't Panic!

Your car will be fine. If you do manage to get stuck, you will be recovered no questions asked, that's why everyone has shackles and a snatch strap. Besides, if you're not getting stuck, you're not having fun.

Some pics from last year in this thread, nothing hard core about it. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2808&start=30