Hi Fellas.
Another fine production from the studios of Christover . :lol:
Thanks heaps Chris.
Regards. Wayne.
Thanh80

Re: Toolangi - Med-Hard - Sat 11-May - Report and Video p5

Post by Thanh80 »

Hi to all,

I miss all the actions that I love because my car needs to be ready for the 8 to 10/6. Truely wish that we can come back to Toolangy some time in this winter. Suzuki Suzuki... :D I copy from Uncle Wayne :D

Best regard,
Thanh80
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

https://youtu.be/gKqcQPUyYWM

Sfx practice waiting home for tradies
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanh80 wrote: Tue 14 May, 2019 10:14 pm Hi to all,

I miss all the actions that I love because my car needs to be ready for the 8 to 10/6. Truely wish that we can come back to Toolangy some time in this winter. Suzuki Suzuki... :D I copy from Uncle Wayne :D

Best regard,
Thanh80
Hi Thanh,

I'm pretty sure the trip 8-10 June to Otways was cancelled at the meeting last week due to not enough interest. I'm sure Jonno will confirm and update the trip thread eventually.

Cheers,
Greg
Thanh80

Post by Thanh80 »

Hi Greg,

Thank you for letting me know. I am here to stay and there will be next time down to Western way for sure.

Still wish for a Toolangi trip some time this winter :D

Best regard,
Thanh80
BZOOK

Re: Toolangi - Med-Hard - Sat 11-May - Meeting Point Updated

Post by BZOOK »

BZOOK wrote: Mon 13 May, 2019 11:25 am
BZOOK wrote: Sun 12 May, 2019 7:21 pm
Nugget wrote: Sun 12 May, 2019 6:14 pm Thanks heaps Greg for organising and to everyone who ran up and down the hill with recovery gear trying to help me keep up!
I had an awesome time and learnt loads. :)
Here's some of the few moments I managed to catch on video between slipping over on tracks and trying to get the Jimny moving:

https://youtu.be/J5GUORlah-Q
Great video.
You can actually see the moment I re-profiled my fuel tank!!!
Zooks been on a jack stand since this trip. pulled the drivers front axle to test if it is a double tough (its not!!) Found a stuffed knuckle ball seal. Replaced all that, looking really dry and mud free inside!! Couldn't find one of the freewheeling hub bolts!!! Pulled the garage apart. I had screwed it into the end of the axle to make replacing the circlip easier !!(Thanks Steve G for the tip - note to self. Open your eyes!!) All back together now. Need to think about the massive dent in the tank now. Steve G you mentioned compressed air. Whats the best way of doing this given its an EFI Tank? Thanks
Greg

Post by Greg »

I inflated a dent out of my tank with very little pressure.

Leave the tank where it is, detach one of the fuel lines along the chassis, and use an air duster to push some air into it. I didn't need to get a super tight seal, it just took a few gentle squirts of air to start expanding out the dent. if it all goes well - you'll be done in 10 mins.

Watch out for sparking positive battery terminals when you have the fuel lines apart ;)
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Greg wrote: Thu 23 May, 2019 7:17 pm I inflated a dent out of my tank with very little pressure.

Leave the tank where it is, detach one of the fuel lines along the chassis, and use an air duster to push some air into it. I didn't need to get a super tight seal, it just took a few gentle squirts of air to start expanding out the dent. if it all goes well - you'll be done in 10 mins.

Watch out for sparking positive battery terminals when you have the fuel lines apart ;)
Hehe. I've sorted that out too!!!! Thanks Greg.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

gwagensteve wrote: Mon 13 May, 2019 1:46 pm Time to break out the compressed air and pump it back to shape.
Dragged out the compressor and I was surprised I was able to pop most of the dent out so easily. Thanks to Steve for the suggestion and Greg for the procedure. Worked a treat. Thanks.