Adventure Tour - Hard - 9th - 11th March - DONE!

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Re: Adventure Tour - Hard - 9th - 11th March

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

Nick has confirmed his attendance for Tour this year.

Vitara on 35s - Nick + Passenger

Cheers,
Greg
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

It occurred to me that we have been talking about minimum standards for Tour vehicles in this thread, but just a reminder of the minimum standards for any vehicle on any club trip:

1 x Fire Extinguisher
1 x First Aid Kit
1 x Snatch Strap
2 x Rated Shackles

Please also have a look at your car and think about where someone is going to attach that snatch strap. We've all been guilty in the past of turning up without a recovery point one one trip or another.

Thankfully a CB radio remains a non-requirement :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Greg
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

For anyone that isn't on Facebook (probably just me), I'm pleased to announce that we have our accommodation booked.

We have once again rented a house where we will be based for all of the tour (i.e. one location this year)

The house is booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for anyone that wants to get down there the night before.

Cheers,
Greg
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Are there any grandstand or general admission seats still available for this event!? Seriously though it would be amazing to get a taste. Perhaps in the members section we could get a sense of where you will be so we can pop along for a look see!?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Sorry, we don’t publicise where we’re going on line, even in the member’s section.
If you PM the trip leader (Jonno? Greg? Who is even running this thing?) they could let you know where to meet us but I don’t think there’s (m)any seats. All our broken/unfinished cars have seen to that.

All the more reason to get your car up to AT spec!
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

gwagensteve wrote: Thu 14 Feb, 2019 9:17 am Sorry, we don’t publicise where we’re going on line, even in the member’s section.
If you PM the trip leader (Jonno? Greg? Who is even running this thing?) they could let you know where to meet us but I don’t think there’s (m)any seats. All our broken/unfinished cars have seen to that.

All the more reason to get your car up to AT spec!
Fair call. I'm not looking for a seat as such. More a chance to get a sniff io Tour. It may spur me on. I'll reach out to the crew.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi BZook,

At this point the start and finish points for each of the 3 days is still pretty fluid. We have our State Forest rough plans locked in, but start and finish points and actual track wise - these won't be decided until the night before or morning of. Factors like the final attendee lists, daily weather updates, breakages etc will all impact our decision making.

There aren't really any days of driving that would allow you to comfortably walk from end-to-end either. There'd be at least 10km of hilly walking involved - possibly at 30 degrees in the sun - so i think you really would be needing a passenger seat for at least a day.

I'm quite happy to SMS you the night prior when our decisions are locked in. No commitment necessary. But I can't promise a seat either.

Cheers,
Greg
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Thanks Greg. I appreciate the reply. No need to message me. I'll look forward to the video and trip report.

Brenton
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

JonNZ is chasing a set of measured 32" tyres to borrow so he can get his car up to the minimum specs for tour.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2934

If anyone has a set he could borrow - please yell out.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg

Post by Greg »

1 week to go - I'm getting excited :mrgreen: