Mods and Repairs afternoon - Sunday 18th November

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

stevend34

Mods and Repairs afternoon - Sunday 18th November

Post by stevend34 »

Haven’t seen an official club event quite like this happen before, so I’ll put it out there as a suggestion at this point. We can talk about it and lock it in this week’s club meeting.

When: Sunday 18th 12:30pm – till when ever we have had enough

Meeting Point: My Pace, in Belgrave Heights. PM me for exact address

What:
This concepts come about with Martin needing a new motor. So engine swap for him is the first aim for the day! Other than that a good social event and an opportunity for newbies to swing some spanners with those that think they know what they are doing 😊
Therefore ff you have a mod or some maintenance that you would like to do with the support of others around you, then bring it along.
We need to be mindful that 1. We will be working outdoors on gravel. 2. I have most tools however only 1 set, so bring what you think you will need. 3. Space is limited 4. Time: Happy for it to go into the evening, however let’s not tackle anything to big
What we can do will also be determined by who’s coming, for how long and the list of work to do you won’t done. With this in mind lets do a bit of planning; please let me know what you have in mind.

Who: No idea what the interest level is going to be here… lets say club members have first say and first in first served. Partners kids welcome. Would also be great if we can have some club members that have been around a while and know their stuff turning up to lend a hand to newbies

Bring: What ever tools you may think will be useful - if you don’t have them however all good. Food for dinner to share around. I’ll get some steaks and burgers on the go, some salads and desserts would be good.

Other: Its my pace so a few house rules: No swearing and limit alcohol consumption please
Weather permitting! If its going to be feral whether then it will be cancelled.
Oh and being a Suzuki 4 wheel drive club there is that assumption your wanting your 4 wheel drive worked on, not your commodore or every day car

Expressions of interest please!
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Mods and Repairs afternoon - Sunday 18th November

Post by christover1 »

Sounds like fun.
I'm a watcher, tool passer, bad advisor, no hands on for me

We did have a big body swap event long ago.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Greg

Post by Greg »

You're gonna need a night drive at the end of this to celebrate (test) the successful engine conversion 8-)
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Greg wrote: Mon 12 Nov, 2018 8:13 am You're gonna need a night drive at the end of this to celebrate (test) the successful engine conversion 8-)
I do know a lot of ways to get into the MVO tracks around the Dandenong Ranges near Steve's place.. Or at least I used to. :?
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

ha, heard your story Greg!

whether forecast looks good.

Based on show of hands and discussion at club meeting sounds like it’s a goer. Focus will be to get Martins motor done. Didn;t hear of anyone else wanting something done -so still options if you want to present them!

Martin and i have picked up a motor. Its supposedly good, however he is not going to invest in it. No rear main or anything. Will just chuck it straight in and see what its like.
Come in for as long or as little tie as you like starting from 12:30pm

My Address: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2836
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

It runs!

At least to was running at 7.15 when I left, and there was only the front clip bolts to do and some wiring stuff.

Mission accomplished!
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Damo

Post by Damo »

Sponge cake,mini yo yos,a Bbq and a cheese platter,a great day I reckon,oh yeah and the engine is a runner.
A good fun day,hope to see the car on the tracks soon Martin!!
MartinG

Post by MartinG »

Big THANK YOU guys. Woohoo
i did get to drive it home, definitely not holding up as many other road users.
Looks like i will need to do the front main, lots of oil dripping.
Thanks Steve D, Steve G, Chris, Damo for all your help, and also big thanks to Hannah for the catering.
still got some work to do, just have to see how it goes.
so far looking good. :)
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

cool stuff guys looks like a good day...
Luke