2019 Robe Bechport trip

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Damo

2019 Robe Bechport trip

Post by Damo »

Hi All
I am keen to do a Robe/ Beachport trip in the summer of 2019 and just wondering if there is enough interest to get this trip up.

My thoughts are Day 1)
Melbourne to Robe

Day2)

Using Robe as a base and doing a run up the beach from Robe to Salt Creek and cross over the dunes at Salt Creek ( Summer crossing only) and a bitumen run back down to Robe which is an easy day trip with some tricky sections depending on tides and beach conditions.

Day 3)
Exploring the Beachport area which includes lots of dune action and some beach driving also.

Day 4 Robe/Beachport to Melbourne

There is numerous tracks and beach driving opportunities in the area including a run from Nora Corina south of Robe back to Robe.From memory this is a full day trip due to the terrain etc.

I am open to all ideas and feedback from anyone who knows the area or has been there beforehand

We could also beach camp between Robe and S/C if any one is up for it.

Camping also available around the Beachport area.

I have not done much research or planning yet but have been there a couple of times and there is heaps to see and do so let's chuck around some ideas.
Last edited by Damo on Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BZOOK

Re: 2019 Robe Bechport trip

Post by BZOOK »

Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Damien

I did a trip there with Auszookrs some years ago. Christover and Jon S were there as well as I recall. Cannot remember if we were based at Robe or Beachport but I think it was Beachport. There are plenty of dunes and tracks to explore as you say. Your 4 day itinerary sounds about right but I think I did 3 days and skipped the drive up the beach from Robe to Beachport (or vice versa). If we go to Portland this might be pretty much the same with a longer drive though so if the Portland trip works out you might want to consider doing this one later towards following summer. Just a thought.

Also be prepared to spend a lot of time flushing the beach sand out of your chassis - there will be lots to clean out.

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
Greg

Post by Greg »

Great idea for a trip destination Damo!

We're in.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Greg wrote: Tue 02 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm Great idea for a trip destination Damo!

We're in.
Ok so that means cabins at Robe as a base camp then I guess Greg. Lol

I have some info from my last trip there and am currently doing a bit more research and will put it up as a trip at the next meeting.We stayed in a cabin at Seaview caravan park.Great spot in town close to shops,meals etc and they also have camping sites and a great camp kitchen.

I am thinking of early next year some time while the weather is still warm enough to enjoy the area and beaches.
South001

Post by South001 »

I'm definitely interested 👍
Thanks
Chris.
South001

Post by South001 »

Hey all, is there a date yet for this?
Thanks
Chris.