Bills Block Easy-Hard Trip Oct 20/21

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Bills Block Easy-Hard Trip Oct 20/21

Post by Jonno »

Hi All,

Planning another trip to Bill's Block - private property located in the Dixons Creek area - there is a thread in the members section with directions.

Bills block has a wide range of tracks from very easy to very very hard so you can come along in any car but still get to see all the action.

Camping is available on the property, the plan is for everyone to stay the Saturday night, there will be a campfire and plenty of fun to be had. It is also 2WD accessible and trailers are fine.

Meeting at lunchtime on the 20th. Please let me know if you will be attending, cost is $15 per vehicle cash on the day
BZOOK

Re: Bills Block Easy-Hard Trip Oct 20/21

Post by BZOOK »

Sounds great. I'll be there cash and swag in hand.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Yep I'm in.i will bring my chainsaw and cut some wood for all to enjoy.See you all there.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

I"m in :)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Likely driving. Sans camping.
Damo

Post by Damo »

If there is any interest I am happy to donate a leg of lamb and bring my Weber to share.there would be plenty of room in the Weber to also cook a couple of chooks or some pork or whatever.Feedback pls.Am happy to shop and cook.(I drink pale ale....just out of interest) :D :D :D Damo
Quinny
Financial Member

Post by Quinny »

Depending how i go with my suzuki i may drive it along to bills, damo i'm happy to chuck in some money for some other meat like chicken and i could cut some veggies up to bake like pumpkin and potatos?
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi All,

Thanks Quinny that sounds like a plan.

I have spuds and pumpkin on my shopping list and will bring them out with me or if you want to grab them and prep them at home just let me know.That may be easier?

Right,so as the Officialy Self Appointed Club Caterer this meal idea at Bills is coming together.

I am bringing my Weber and a leg of lamb and will do a shop to grab some heat beads,mint jelly,spuds,pumpkin and say 2 chickens.
I will bring a carving knife and large plastic tray to carve the lamb.

Can someone else please bring some foil and maybe another tray of some sort for the cooked venison and chickens to be carved on?

Steve is bringing a nice piece of Venison to cook as well. I've never cooked Venison and I know it is easy to over cook it and ruin it so can I delegate that to you Steve?

Johnno offered to bring his camp oven for baking spuds etc and Quinny is going to prep and cook them.

The lamb needs about 3 and half hours cooking and about half an hours rest so I plan to have it in at about say 2.00 -3.00 o'clock.

If anyone's Partner,spouse Nan or Mum makes something awesome they want to bring to share then go for it.

I suppose we would eat about 7.00 or whatever works for everyone,just give me an idea when everyone wants to eat as this dictates my time to get the lamb in.The other meats are quicker to cook so not as time critical.

I'm not sure how many people are coming but the lamb is about 3 kg (bone in)and Steve is bringing about 2 kg of Venison plus the chickens that I will bring.

I don't want to over cater and waste food so a rough idea on numbers would be helpful pls.

Attendees and there contributions

Damo -lamb etc as above
Brenton and son-Dessert
Quinny-spuds and pumpkin to cook
Johnno-camp oven
StevenD and family -Venison and cake/slice
Timny
BZook
Paul F- Assorted offerings
Cristovr-Mitsubishi Team Support Officer

List updated 18/10

Damo
Last edited by Damo on Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

I'll be bringing my son along. I'll whip up something for desert. Just need to know how many people as well.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Sorry Team - It seems i am now double booked this weekend so i won't be able to make it to Bills Block.

It's probably for the best as it means i have a better chance of having a working car on cup day :D