H Snow Trip 9th 10th +11th August.

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Quinny
Financial Member

Re: H Snow Trip 9th 10th +11th August.

Post by Quinny »

Just to clear this up in case anyone isn't sure, the trip is only thursday night, friday day/night and saturday. everyone will be descending together on Saturday afternoon, depending who would like too we might try have dinner somewhere
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Yep Ben has it. Hut Thursday/Friday night. Saturday morning meet the day tripers and decend with them to Jamieson pub Saturday night. We should make a reservation in the morning before we ascend to the snow. Camping trip to leave my place Thursday 1200 sharp ish we will be staying on the Licola side of the mountain as that is the side the hut is located.
So if you like we can meet the landcruiser at the snow line and you can make a plan from that point. I don't see why you don't get your wife to have a go in the snow :D
Luke
Quinny
Financial Member

Post by Quinny »

Permit has been approved by 4wd Victoria for the Friday/Saturday Trip.

Im going to start a list below, if your name isn't on it then let me know your rego and full name so we can make amendments to the permit.

Luke Porter - Trip Leader
Quinny
Neo
Darcy
BZOOK
Gill
Last edited by Quinny on Wed 25 Jul, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Hay guys its geting close to the trip so I would like a finale roll call just so we know who is in convoy. Also so we know who is bringing what ie I have saw and camp stove.
Cheers.
Luke
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

BZOOK - Brenton Paterson
Sierra UXP103
Assuming with a hut I only need bedding ie no tent? Perhaps shout out what other stuff can be shared. I've not been on a hard trip or driven in snow or camped in snow so I'll be led by the experts.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

We are planing to get the hut however is it dose not work out we will be camping so pack your tent! Steve has done a good wright up in the past I will see if I can find it.
Luke
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Save you the trouble. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=501&p=3114&hilit=s ... ping#p3114
Was thinking about any stuff in addition to this comprehensive post.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Nop covers it I think.
Luke
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Curious what rigs peeps are taking for this hard trip? I'm feeling a little on the low spec side with 30's and a welded rear. i do not want to be holding everyone up being snatched out constantly.
B
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

You will be fine. The idea is to have a look about in the snow and move in to some of the places in the last couple of years we haven't been able to go on account of stock cars. We will all get stuck at some point (If we have good cover) and will deal with it as a convoy. Don't stress just pack well and dress for the conditions.
Luke