H Snow Trip 9th 10th +11th August.

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

porter.8.luke

H Snow Trip 9th 10th +11th August.

Post by porter.8.luke »

Right so permits are in and we are waiting on a response. So the plan is to leave my house on rh Thursday after lunch and roll out to hut in preparation for the snow drive on the Friday. The meeting is on the Wednesday night befor so we can have a chat about times and route ect.
Last edited by porter.8.luke on Mon 18 Jun, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
porter.8.luke

Re: H Snow Trip

Post by porter.8.luke »

It will take around three to four hours to get to the hut for the Thursday night from mine. This route is not on road for half of it so it will be a nice drive. Fuel is going to be needed as in stock sierra one can. Remember fire wood is needed as well two servo bags will do each and food for four days. Breakfast I plan on doing oats itch is quick and easy. I have a stove witch I recomend we all use so cooking is easy and you can conserve space. Water grab a slab for two people. It doesn't need to go in a esky can also be broken up and stashed around the car to take advantage of space.
If I think of anything else I will post.
Cheers.
Luke
South001

Post by South001 »

What's the deal with the Saturday attendees?

Few people posting in other thread to attend , snow trip needs leaders .
Thanks
Chris.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Saturday is Technically a different trip. As there is no camping and is run by a different standard.
Those who plan on the Thursday/Friday climb should post hear. Cheers.
Luke
BZOOK

Re: H Snow Trip 9th 10th +11th August.

Post by BZOOK »

So camp in Hut Thursday. Drive hard tracks on the Friday, camp Friday, camp saturday? Logistically could my wife bring the kids in the cruiser on the Saturday and I be able to meet them and drive up with the Saturday crew then head back down, collect the Sierra and head back up? Apologies. Don't know how long the trip is on the main roads.
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Where ever you go you need 3 cars so you would have yo get 2 cars to go with you
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

they could come up with the saturday crew..
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

jonfromhamilton wrote: Tue 19 Jun, 2018 11:17 am Where ever you go you need 3 cars so you would have yo get 2 cars to go with you
I'm confused. Wouldn't be the first time. Camp on the mountain Friday and drive the Zook back down the main road. Meet wife and kids in the land cruiser, jump in and drive back up. End of the day I jump back in the Zook and head back to the top. I guess I don't know how long it takes on the main road. I think I like the idea of them hitching a ride.
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

You can do whatever you wantconcthe open sections of road but the sections that you require a permit for must be travelled in a group of 3 cars or more in case you need to be recovered anywhere
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Gotcha. Thanks.