Tasy

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

stevend34

Re: Tasy Planning

Post by stevend34 »

Yeah, agree my suggestion is if you don't need it don't take it. David who was at the club the other night mentioned several times the big cars struggled with clearance when they did tasy a few months back. There is plenty of space in other cars for taking others stuff.
Also, just a few key points from discussion at the club the other night:
• Reminder to be at least 45 mins early to the boat
• Camera people: Cortney and Chris have offered - happy for other to also.
• With a large group we will want to get moving early each day: aim to be ready to leave camp sites at 8AM, with aim to rock up at campsite at the other end of the day around 3pm.
• Chris has decent maps and gear to run them.
• There is no firm itinerary: we will need to assess how we are going each day and work out where the next day’s aim is.
• Some feedback has been aim for sand driving over mud as we don't get that option as much in vic.
• One suggestion has been to aim for was it 'hells gate' either the first or second day - a good amount of sand driving
• Reminder to get your Recreational Driver Pass if you haven’t already
• Know what you need to stock up on before you get off the boat so we get moving quickly
• Consider brining a tarp to put over your front of your car for deeper water crossings, although not sure we will be overly keen on really deep stuff.
Also a note on dogs - no idea what implications that will have, please do your research
If anyone needs help with getting ready yell out.
Anything I’ve missed that people need to know?
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

My small amount of research on dogs suggests

Most areas dogs are allowed, with normal rules concerning behavior, leashing and poo collecting.

https://www.parks.tas.gov.au/?base=494

http://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/lo ... og_control

Some areas planned do have some no go dog sections,(National Parks eg) which I will happily avoid if needed. (eg Cradle Mountain walk is out, will be car park guard if anything like that happens)

https://www.parks.tas.gov.au/index.aspx?base=20606#26

Not allowed to put dog on boat without proof of Hytatid Worm treatment less than 14 days before leaving.(check precise info on Sprit Web page but empty pill packet or vet note etc acceptable.)

Dangerous breeds can be rejected.

No visiting pooch on boat, so must supply enough food, water and bedding for the duration.

https://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/ter ... nd-kennels

Rules regarding Princess as my hearing dog no longer apply, as she is now too old and grumpy like me,
so is retired and no longer official :(

My rack is staying home, to keep me under 2.1 for easier boat spots.
But also so it don't catch on trees.
Last edited by christover1 on Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I have the Arthur Pieman rec pass, is there any others I should have?
National Parks Pass ? Don't look like we need one?
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

for those that where not at the last club night, David Raeburn from Bairnsdale 4 wheel drive club showed us some pics from his trip to tasy in Feb this year. Here is the write up for that trip: https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?th ... uth.43949/
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I think sand is a good plan.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

We are packed and on the way! I have tools and fluids on board Brake fluid coolant mixed and concentrate ect.
Diff/gearbox oil and engine oil ect. Tools I have all of the tools and drill and grinder.... If you think you need it post and ask I may have it already. see you guys in a week :D
Luke
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Gotta bail on my first trip. Workplace issues that I need to be in Melbourne to rectify. :cry:
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

Timny wrote: Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:35 pm Gotta bail on my first trip. Workplace issues that I need to be in Melbourne to rectify. :cry:
Bummer :(
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Thanh80

Post by Thanh80 »

Hi everybody, is it a... okay... idea if we can agree to choose one channel on the CB radio so we can talk to find each other on and off the ferry ??? Reagards Thanh80.
Last edited by Thanh80 on Tue 25 Sep, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanh80

Post by Thanh80 »

Hi everybody, the $1000 track I check on Youtube from 4WD action post in July 2018, look like it only makes for small car to go there... GOD... please hepl my car and David car. Regards Thanh80.