6. Darcy, Courtney: Sierra
7. Thahn, Mother? David: 80 Series Cruiser
8. Chris, Dog?; Pajero
9. Tim: Jimny

Not coming anymore: Damian, Daughter: Challenger

Trip dates:

Leaving Friday 28TH September NIGHT
Return Friday 5th October NIGHT

PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN BOOKING ASAP Note: apparently booking online is cheaper.

Tracks:

Here are a list of tracks we have talked about so far:

• Patons Rd, Mersey Forest TAS
• Montezuma Falls, 1 Elliott St, Rosebery TAS 7470
• Mount Huxley, Queenstown TAS 7467
• Balfour Track
• lake cumberland Tasmania
• sandy cape
• waratah Tasmania (thousand dollar track) (coal mine track) (coldstream track / wombat flat)

Lets regroup and define which order, however we did also say that the Waratah area should be done last as it’s the hardest. Therefore we will likely head south west straight away

Locations on the map:
Tas.JPG
Tas.JPG (75.28 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Random Notes:
I’ve called 4wd Vic: we are covered. Temp member ship covers the hole trip also.
I’ve looked into a group booking to get across and we do not have a big enough group, plus it seemed like a headache to organise
No/very little LPG in Tasy where we are going
No fuel cans are allowed to be full on the boat
High Vehicles over 2.0m need to book ASAP as these bookings usually are taken up first.

Comprehensive tools: Luke
Chainsaw: TBA – Offers?
Comprehensive first aid kit: TBA - Offers?
Research item: how do you fit a temporary snorkel to a sierra with cutting holes in it?

Will discuss more at next club meeting.
Last edited by stevend34 on Mon 20 Aug, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
porter.8.luke

Re: Tasy planning night

Post by porter.8.luke »

Saw is no problem. Big or small? Haven't had a finale chat with Liz about it but we maybe heading over befor the group and meating you at the boat in the morrning of the 29th. Then swap my Liz for a Ben. To be firmed but this is somthing we would like to do.
Luke
colnniko
Financial Member

Post by colnniko »

hi fellas FYI you cannot take used gas canisters on board full with caps on are ok l also think you have to give any LPG bottlesin and get them back on arrival. Youre car has to be reasonably clean from here to there they dont want any mainland bugs over there .this is what l found on my trip in april,
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

I have a bunch of first aid stuff ill see uf i can fish it out. On a side note i was planning on building a decent first aid kit myself so if i am not on this trip ill lend it
stevend34

Re: Tasy Planning

Post by stevend34 »

Luke, no prob to go early. Re chainsaw... hmm there are some big trees there, but i reckon the small Stihl will do us. - i would happily take mine it just a space issue.

John re first aid; will see who has what from those that are coming and if nothing is on board already then yes will take you up on that offer thanks

A reminder to everyone to book your trip ASAP - the longer you wait the more $ it becomes.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Ok I will pack the big saw (I have room ute.) Also the 9kg lpg bottle I have as well. I will post a list closer to the date of things I have onboard just so we don't double up.
Luke
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

Hi. Booked return travel for under $450 return, cheaping out with the recliner on the way back and may regret it. See https://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/ter ... rous-goods for fuel cans etc. Maybe the saw will need airing out for a few weeks prior as I wouldn't want to fill it with water! Not bringing my stepson as he'll only be two weeks out from 5weeks up Cape York with his Dad so will have a heap of room Steve.
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

Thanks Richard. Its all coming together! cant wait.

All, I'll be away next club meeting, but we will have another one before we go. Feel free to discuss, plan, change plans, or whatever you see fit without me there.
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Booked!
Luke
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

We are booked. Heading over a week befor with my Liz and meeting the club guy's at the boat.
Luke