Snow trip 18 need trip leaders!

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

Snow trip 18 need trip leaders!

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Hi Folks we are going to go up Mt Skene in 4 months or so under 2 permits.
One permit for friday through sunday and the other for just saturday and sunday.
Fridays convoy will be looking for some hard stuff to drive and probably require you to be at jamieson thursday night or arrive early Friday morning so the group can climb the hill early.
The second permit will be for people who want to make a snow man and stay in the hut for a night and get some slippery driving experience.
Driving the normal roads up there should be suitable for any 4wd.

Can i get any idea on who wants to join which groyp ?
Mike57
Financial Member

Re: Snow trip 18

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Jon.

I am away for 4 weeks in August, heading over to WA to Ningaloo reef so I will not be in this one.

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

Hi John. What is the criteria for the Friday 'hard stuff' apart from 29" m/t's and similar sized kanackers? Ta.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

I believe the Friday will be classed as a Hard Trip.

"Hard: A standard vehicle is unlikely to complete the trip. 31" tyres and at least one diff lock recommended. Vehicle damage is possible and might be difficult to avoid due to track conditions. In general, a trip will be rated hard if there are no bypasses for difficult obstacles. "

In past snow trips I've been unable to to drive the hard tracks up here with my 30s and no locker.
I'm hoping to have my front locker and 33s in by this trip, else I wont go on the Friday.

Jon, please put ZUKINI down for the Friday group.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I'm a possible starter.

Climb Saturday
Descend Saturday
Pub Saturday

1HA-1LP
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

Friday troop. Rego to come.
Luke
Quinny
Financial Member

Post by Quinny »

Put me down for friday
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Had a productive day, re-attached the muffler with new brackets, replaced a fuse and cleaned out a bad electrical connection. The SWB survived well after big River. I'd like to join the Friday ascent.
Brenton.
Sookie

Post by Sookie »

Id like to come but if my Serria utes not ready is there any chance i can come up in my hilux?
Its got 33s and will have a rear auto locker fitted by the time this rolls around. Its a solid axle front as well
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Ok so the negotiations with the council are complete so we can go ahead and book our permit/permits but the guy I spoke to today didn't know how to do that so I expect this to be sorted out early next week.