Snow trip 18 need trip leaders!

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

Re: Snow trip 18

Post by jonfromhamilton »

yes Sookie you can bring any 4wd as long as it isn't a mercedes AWD
whether you think you are up to the friday or the saturday trip is another matter.
I don't think I will be on the friday trip so perhaps some of you other guys can set the bar for car requirements.
Sookie

Post by Sookie »

thanks mate,cool yeah i have not done much wheeling in the hilux yet, its just work ute but good back up till zooks done.
i have lowered it and soften up the leaf pack and put bump stops in and longer shocks and brake lines, but im happy to sit the Friday out, just keen to come on a trip :D
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Hey Chris, Friday trip you will need at least a locker and probably 31s on a sierra. 33s on bigger cars like your hilux, you will probably be ok if you do want to come on Friday, there are ways around most of what we are going to drive, maybe if you have a winch?.

How many we up to for Saturday, my brother in law wants to come (will join to come).
jonfromhamilton

OK I have the form
I am unlikely to go this year due to personal crap going on so I would like a person for each convoy to volunteer to be the trip leader for the friday ascent and the saturday ascent groups.
The forms from 4wd are unsurprinsingly tedious and require a lot of detail mainly about the routes you intend to take and the leaders details.
my number is 0426 287 866 give me a txt and then ring me and I we can go over it on the phone and I will fill it in and return it to the red tape gods
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Are there any medium/hard trips on the cards before now and August? Bills? I'd prefer to get a taste before I commit to the Friday ascent. I've only got 30.5's.
Brenton.
Sookie

Post by Sookie »

cheers neo, no winch but im wanting one anyways so ill get one. if i have my rear locker fitted and winch on ill come have go on Friday, but in for Saturday regardless, ill prob come up the Friday ether way and camp or stay somewhere close
jonfromhamilton

I have had no feedback from my previous post and so without information to fill in the permit forms this trip is not happening.
Can we start with some nominations for trip leaders please?
Friday climb hatd trip and saturday climb easy trip

I need to submit 3 to 5 forms in total

10 cars per permit and one permit for each convoy for each day
So one for friday
One or two for saturday and one or two for sunday depending on how many cars are descending sunday and whether the hard trip guys are coming back down saturday and numbers for the saturday climb.

Im not going so i cant be a trip leader and so i cant even submit any forms without some people putting their hands up
Darcy

Re: Snow trip 18 need trip leaders!

Post by Darcy »

Darcy to attend Friday in Suzuki
droopypete

Post by droopypete »

Hi guys, what date is/was this trip?
Peter.
South001

Post by South001 »

Put me down for the Saturday 👍
Grand Vitara prestige 2009.
Rego 1mm3fx

What is the actual date?
We will need to book accommodation..
Last edited by South001 on Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks
Chris.