Big River State Forest. April 29.

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Re: Big River State Forest. April 29.

Post by BZOOK »

If it's anything like camping at Winton raceway for the v8's we should take some star pockets and rope. :)
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi All.

I discovered last night that my swimming pool is filling up with clay silt. That means one of the underground pipes is cracked - maybe due to the dry weather. Anyway that means that I am going to spend the weekend digging up the back yard to find the problem (starting tomorrow). Sorry I am not going to make it for this trip unless I actually start digging in exactly the right spot tomorrow which I am not hopeful of. If anything changes I will let you know but at this stage I am a non starter. Would love to see some pics of that area though.

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi all
It's a potty you can't make this trip Mike.
I will go up as early as possible Saturday and jag some camping spots at Reid's quarry for the campers.
Wayne would it be easier to start the trip from Reid's on Sunday or is it too late to change this?just an idea.damo
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Damo

Its a Pity as well!

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Damo. Yeah, could start from Rieds. Try to send a text to me Saturday, so I know for sure you are there. You might have to go up a hill to get phone contact.
Anyone who is coming on the day I will meet at Big River camp.
Regards. Wayne. 0419539264
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I'm coming for Sunday day trip only, see you at Big River.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
stevend34

Post by stevend34 »

Hi Kids

I'm in. will be in the Sierra taking 1 boy, Aaron. I'll leave around mid PM on Saturday and camp. Anyone welcome to travel with me, just yell out
I've had a look on the map online for Reid's quarry; Looks good to me for a camp site.
Let me know what you decide to start from there or not. If there's no particular start place in mind at this stage, then that seems like a good for a start place.
Chanel 26 as normal?

Steve
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
9.00 am Sunday April 29. Big River Camp.
Take Woods Point Rd from Warburton or Maryesville. When you get to Cumberland Junction follow Woods Point sign. Take first left, the (Big River Forest sign.) Big River Camp is about 5 miles along this Rd at the junction of Big River Rd and Warburton Eildon Rd.

Big River Camp is the meeting point for this trip. It is a large area, well known, well sign posted and very easy to find. Rieds Quarry is only about 1 mile past Big River Camp on the Big River Rd. (probably in Uhf range)
You blokes camping are assuming that Rieds will be unoccupied.
I will wait to hear from someone on Saturday so I know for sure you are all at Rieds.
I will be at Big River Camp for anyone coming on the day. If all goes to plan, we will stop at Rieds and join up there.
:idea: Can everyone camping write on a piece of paper... you name, address, phone, car type and rego. Then I can fill in the paperwork later. That could save lots of time.
Regards. Wayne. 0419539264
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Thanks Wayne. We will certainly write down our details. Weather looking very favourable. I should know what time mark and I will be heading to Reid's later today and I'll update on this thread. Possibly meeting up in healsville to top up and fill the Jerry.
Brenton.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi Mike yes a pity about the potty but oh well!!
Hi Wayne I will send an SMS when I arrive and am sure Teids is available and will update this thread if reception permits.
Damo